ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been messing with Camaros, Mustangs, and motorcycles for a while but when my friend introduced me to a Miata I told myself I had to buy one. I'm usually at the dragstrip on the weekends but I'm tired of going in a straight line so after going to my local road race track, Eagles Canyon Raceway in Slidell, TX I want to try something new. After looking for a Miata on CL for a while I finally found one. I paid 4500 for a 96 Miata M with 108xxx miles on it. I think I paid a little too much but I couldn't find one in better condition. I saw this forum on speedhunters so after buying the miata I looked on here and another Miata forum for more information about which parts to buy and not buy. I can't wait to try my first autoX and start my future relationship with my new Miata. I will post up a picture of my car later.

·
Registered
210 Posts
very nice!. I just bought my second roadster, its also a 96 with ps/ac I got it for $2200 plus registration and smog. I got a good deal on mine but the paint is not that great. the clear-coat is showing on the hood and trunk. Plus door was keyed. Your exterior looks better. I plan on doing a repaint in the future.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I'm just not sure whether I should go with FM xxtreme coilovers or Tokico shocks with FM springs. I'm pretty sure I want to get the Enkei RPF1's though.

·
Registered
210 Posts
^the rpf1 are definitely worth the money,very light. Both suspension setup should be fine, as long as its not slammed and to stiff. I'm assuming your planing to track your miata. I going to try keep the original springs for a while and just put some good dampers like koni. My miata came with a brand-new set of 185-65-14. Its ok for daily, but in the mountains I'm sliding and can't take turns too hard :(I could use a roll-bar if I'm ever gonna track this thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I definitely plan to take it to a track day or autocross it but I would like the suspension to be a little stiffer. Right now I'm going over my car and making sure everything is in good shape before I start modifying her.

·
Registered
7,491 Posts
Welcome to CR.net and Miata ownership! I've had a few Camaros so I understand where you're coming from, although I've always worked mine to handle twisties. I actually race with NASA in the American Iron class. But my Miata is ridiculous on handling. I've got the Camaro for horsepower and the Miata for handling fun!

Welcome!

Chris

·
Registered
210 Posts
+1 its good to have some v8 power and a canyon carver on the side. And maybe a luxury car too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts