ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 miata with a FM2. Its a garrett t25/28 hybrid. A couple days ago my car wouldent go past 10psi no matter what i set my LINK to. I even put it at 5psi and it would hit 9, then flutter down to 5-6 once in a while. It was still making power though. The next day i noticed it was staring to loose power and my blow off valve was making a very wierd noise when i lifted the throttle. insted of a long "whooosh", it would make a short psh. So i checked the hwole turbo system over and eveything looked fine. I took it for another ride and the engine wouldent even rev, something felt wrong. I gave it some throttle one more time and then the whole car studdured like i hit a brick wall, It seamed like it allmost stalled. I pulled it into the garage and took the kit apart and noticed there was a decent amount of shaft play in the turbo. I turned the car on and the turbine wasnt even spinning. I gave it some throttle and it started to spin, let go and it stoped again. Now my question is is my turbo blown? And if it is blown, is that the cause of my car acting real wierd? All help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Thats a tad funky. It seems like the turbos got some problems. Aare all the fittings tight on the turbo? Oil return and such? Also, are you, or were you leaking any oil from the turbo or engine for that matter. If youve got a LINK, check the keypad and see what your real time boost is. Dont trust the boost guage as I have had 2 fail on me already.

Also, check the waste gate actuator and boost solenoid. Try resetting the whole boost from the link too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts