ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Drive on the limit.
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

A little over a year ago I decided to replace the worn out shocks that I bought my 97 M Edition Miata with. Anyway, I decided to replace the shocks with Stagg Shocks coupled with FM springs. I wanted a comfortable ride which still provided me with some performance handling. Also, something that could handle the FM springs. My budget was also limited so I couldn't spend too much money on replacement shocks, and going with the more expensive shocks were not an option. After doing some research I decided on Stagg Shocks for my 1997 Miata M-Edition. They are priced really well and of excellent quality. I have about 16,000 miles on them and they are still as good as new. The car handles flat around the corners but at the same time very comfortable for my long free way commute. Anyway, just a bit of info for all who are looking for replacements. I love them so far.

-D

·
Registered
1,174 Posts

·
Drive on the limit.
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What made you choose Stagg over say, Bilstein HD or KYB GR-2?

Ride comfort compared to OEM? I've never heard of Stagg before.
I went with Stagg shocks because of the price to quality ratio. I wanted something cheaper, with as good as quality as the big boys. I was skeptical at first, but when they were actually delivered I was really impressed. They also offer a lifetime warranty as the other guys so it was a no brainier for me.

-D

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
as good as quality as the big boys.

-D
LMAO, the shocks you bought are cheap, and they "work". That's about all you have the right to say about them... Using a word like "quality to describe them, LMAO!

What other shocks do you have to compare to besides blown 20+ year old OEM? Have you even experienced any of them so called "big boy shocks"?

·
Drive on the limit.
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LMAO, the shocks you bought are cheap, and they "work". That's about all you have the right to say about them... Using a word like "quality to describe them, LMAO!

What other shocks do you have to compare to besides blown 20+ year old OEM? Have you even experienced any of them so called "big boy shocks"?
I've been a car guy for years, and albeit a small budget I've always had to shell out for other more expensive brands in the past. So I would say that yes, I've had experience with the other brands and so far the Stagg's have been great comparatively. Just sharing my experiences and contributing to the forums. No need to get all hostile man.

·
Hide yo kids hide yo wife
6,286 Posts
Do you work for them? Kinda seems like it. Shallow review, blanket statements... comparing with higher quality brands.. tagging it with the company name + miata. hmmm.

·
life is bitch!
2,302 Posts
lets play a new game. i really want to know more about you OP. you have a lot of posts here, did they offer you a free set of their product as payment for a good review?

why don't you explain your method of analysis that led you to your conclusion?

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
I'd be surprised if he doesn't work for them or have a friend that does. Also, this dude in that other thread made me laugh :lol:

Well I'm buying them in 4 weeks got to get some money first also doing a 1" drop while I'm at it any suggestions on some good springs that wont break the bank.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I've been a car guy for years, and albeit a small budget I've always had to shell out for other more expensive brands in the past. So I would say that yes, I've had experience with the other brands and so far the Stagg's have been great comparatively. Just sharing my experiences and contributing to the forums. No need to get all hostile man.
Can you "drive on the limit" with Stagg shocks?
Of course you can!

It just comes a whole lot sooner. :lol:
I think that pretty sums up these shocks, despite the fan boyism of op

·
Super Moderator
6,343 Posts
From what I can figure out, he runs an ebay dropshipping business selling car parts. Does not appear to be selling any Stagg parts at the moment.

·
life is bitch!
2,302 Posts
his posts read like advertizing, but if the guy doing the ad copy was using google translate from a warehouse in Singapoor where he works elbow to elbow with the guys that call you to let you know about consolidating your debt and refinancing your mortgage at a new low interest rate.

not that proving me wrong would make the product look any better, so i'm still waiting on OP to reveal his testing process.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts