ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to have a super rice tip pointing to the ground when I first bought my car. It looked stupid so I hacked it off. Well, I soon realized that the exhaust was getting in my car and I could die. A few months later (now) i finally did something about it. I went to Home Depot and got some pipes, clamps and zip ties.

I know it may look stupid, but I wont be dieing any time soon. It does look better than the old muffler. It is my own custom fabricated buddy club. lol

It is only temporary. Coilovers come first. :mrgreen: Then exhaust.

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
Angled a lill much, and I agree about an inch shorter itll look much better.

Also I bet that is loud as hell, I dont know how you drive it

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
dude next time you want to make an exhaust check autozone or something they sell exhaust pipe with metal clamps.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol the rubber did melt. I clamped it with sheet metal and clamps now. There is no exhaust leaks. It isnt loud at all. I have a 23in. resonator on it. I may go to the muffler shop and get it done and use the piping for a custom short ram intake.:mrgreen:
But it is good for a few months. I read that carbon monoxide poison is a silent killer. so i had to get that **** fixed.
It only cost me $5 for the "tip". Everything else was laying around the house.

Is obx headers and cat pipes good.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Dryer vent exhaust FTW!!!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks to the peeps that think it is balla. I'm going to get an exhaust clamp for the part that hooks up to the actual pipe one of these days.
I only get 15 hours a week with $6/hour, so i can only save for one thing at a time. And coils (flex or ss) is what i'm saving for. =)

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
I THINK ITS AWESOME!!!

looks sick. Im so glad you did it, Im tired of the "why dont you go buy it" and the "look what I bought". you kick ass.
So am I, but if you're going to DIY, you might as well do it right. Not only that, but this doesn't look very sturdy nor does it look safe to actually drive with...

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I THINK ITS AWESOME!!!

looks sick. Im so glad you did it, Im tired of the "why dont you go buy it" and the "look what I bought". you kick ass.
So am I, but if you're going to DIY, you might as well do it right. Not only that, but this doesn't look very sturdy nor does it look safe to actually drive with...
eh yeah, it looks a little beater, but he'll fix it. He got this far on his own, he'll get all the way.

he could just save up 20$ and go to a motorcycle or boat shop and get a length of clamp on flex exhaust... that would be my suggestion, cut off before that first bend and clamp it up.

still bravo to him for sticking his neck out. I got flamed because I was using the wrong washer on my muffler and too much rtv... lol

kid is a champ.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts