ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I saw some other posts on It so I decided to give it a try. I did the front and overall Im pretty happy with it. I also did ther rear but im not really sure I like it The pass side of the muffler needs some work. Gimme your opinions. I was also thinking about how it would look if i made some side skirts with the same material, my only question is the only way I can see to attach it would be to screw it right into the rocker panels. Is that a bad idea? Gimme yor opinions.

Phil

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
I wouldnt bother with the side skirts, I actually thought about recommending you to round edges of lip near near the muffler tip but I like it the way it is. Looks just right with the exhaust tip

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Doesn't look bad. Can you get a picture of how the rear is mounted?

What intake lid is that? Never seen one with such a shape before. Upclose pic?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow, I'm impressed with the rear... Never seen that before. A great option for those that don't want to spend time or money finding an R package rear lip.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got it off of Ebay, Its called Volt performance exhaust. The tip is 4 inches. I posted a sound clip in the exhaust sound clip database.

·
Registered
85 Posts
What is the material you used called so I no what to ask for. Looks good.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Nice! I might give that a shot! How much was it? If its cheap... I will do it for sure! That way I wont worry about smacking it on the ground :D

·
Registered
514 Posts
Looks VERY nice for DIY... Hell that looks nice even if it wasnt DIY... and im sure its still somewhat functional, if for nothing else than disturbing the front lift.

-Jeremy

·
Registered
40 Posts
Im digging the raised hood, actually looks decent on a Miata, I know it looks awful on a 240. My friend did it, I had to sneak over to his house one day and take them off in the middle of the night so I didnt have to look at it anymore. I so need to sell an organ for some quick cash to get my Miata... after reading through this site Im feening for one...

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I like the front a lot but I never like the R-Package rear lip anyway so yours doesn't do it for me. Nice job on the dremel intake too.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Bah! That edging is damn hard to find here in Canada... I think I've found somewhere that has something like that only its called "Brickstop"

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Went to Home Depot and they didn't have this stuff! Frustrating. My local HD is so weak.. OSH doesn't have it... anyone know of another possible source?
I'm thinking of a similar but different use for this stuff since I have a custom bumper/splitter...
-Ryan

1 - 20 of 80 Posts