ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone here is my project I have had for 8 years in the making, I decided to start engine work after I bought a daily so I wouldn't have to drive the Supra everywhere. Here are the specs.

Engine:
-Custom AE111 4age ITB manifold
-Xerd Headers
-AEM EMS
-Fujitsubo Super Ti exhaust
-Straight piped
-Techno Toy Tuning Velocity stacks
-TRD Carbon fiber spark plug cover

Body
-Custom rear metal widebody by Platinum VIP
-Stillen Sideskirts
-Shine Auto Ridox replica front bumper
-97-98 tail lights
-97-98 headlights
-APR carbon GT-300 wing
-JDM Toyota rain visors
-JDM Toyota rear visor
-Modellista Designs TS hood
-FRP TS style diffuser

Wheels and suspension:
-Work Equip wheels 18x9.5 18x12 (Offsets unknown)
-Tein Type Flex coilovers
-TT sway bars
-Adjustable front control arms
-TRD front strut bar

Interior:
-TRD Racing bucket seats
-tanida motorsports deep corn steering wheel
-TRD 10k Tachometer
-Delrin shift knob

Update!

Its been a while since I have updated my build. Unfortunately since I don't make a lot of money things have been a bit hard with what I really want to do so we are dealing with what we have at the moment.

My shop FSR decided to tune my car and get it all set up with the new management system the AEM Infinity. I chose this unit for the capacity of flex fuel. The car is all tuned at the moment on regular pump and will be set up on e85 soon. Here is a video of the latest dyno on 91oct tune.

Click here for video

Since SIV (Supras In Vegas) is coming up in less than a month I have decided to wait out the build process since I want to take my car to that event and don't want to risk not going.

The issue with my car at the moment is that since my cams are regrinded to a duration super nasty, my shop has to resort to custom valves since the lift on my cams are so aggressive there is a gap between the center of my cam and my valves. So those will be custom ordered sometime this month. I will update more as the time comes but I am pretty tired at the moment so I am goin to call it quits for now. Thanks you guys for your continued support!

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
205!? I don't know if I should lol or not.

Damn though, its very nice.

Neat to see something different as opposed to the same 600hp single turbo conversion.

But 600hp.... :p

·
99 old busted HOTTNESS
813 Posts
I give you mad props for doing something different. Now all you have to do is close in that manifold and add a small 35r for quick spool up! Then you really will tear up the track!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Having been around a bunch of high HP MKIVs before, it was weird listening to the dyno video. I kept waiting for the boost to hit and the exhaust note to change.

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Way cooler than a boiler plate monster booster. And I like the body a lot, where as I often do not like modified bodies. Nice one, chap. I'd love to see it and feel what the power train is like because it must be unique.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I give you mad props for doing something different. Now all you have to do is close in that manifold and add a small 35r for quick spool up! Then you really will tear up the track!
haha, I am actually an all NA guy. Nothing sounds sexier to me than a I6 engine at full throttle. Plus the throttle response is awesome around corners. No lag =)

Ccol/different. I think I've posted pic of your car in the dope shotzzz thread before. There can't be that many ITB'd Supras out there.
Thanks, I tried checking for ITB supras and they only reside in Japan and very few. If you get a chance google in YSR supra and you will find their work.

love your car , absolutely sex ! only thing i don't like is the wing (i love the stock one) ,but its probably way more functional...
Lol yea the wing is pretty big but very functional. At high speeds (120mph) it keeps the car stable and rear planted to the floor.

Having been around a bunch of high HP MKIVs before, it was weird listening to the dyno video. I kept waiting for the boost to hit and the exhaust note to change.
lol so says all my friends with boosted supras. =P

Way cooler than a boiler plate monster booster. And I like the body a lot, where as I often do not like modified bodies. Nice one, chap. I'd love to see it and feel what the power train is like because it must be unique.
Why thank you, the acceleration down in lower rpms is kind meh, but when it hits the higher rpm area it picks up fast. I am gonna build it to be a high revving engine hence the trd 10k tach.

·
2,708 Posts
SICK!!!

BUT..

You won't be attacking any times with that motor set-up. I'm sure you'll have fun, but that supra just looks too heavy for 200rwhp. I"m assuming you're gonna raise compression and go for a high-rev, 10k canyon-carver, but that means you won't make much power (relatively speaking compared to weight) below 6-7k rpms. So really, you're usable powerband is "only" 3-4k worth of revs. In a lightish car where keeping up the momentum and revs can equal fast times, in a Supra, the weight might be too much. Just saying, not hating, I really do love your car. Mad props.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice supra! I think I remember seeing it at one of garrets annual bbqs.. Looks even better in person
Thanks for the kind words!

SICK!!!

BUT..

You won't be attacking any times with that motor set-up. I'm sure you'll have fun, but that supra just looks too heavy for 200rwhp. I"m assuming you're gonna raise compression and go for a high-rev, 10k canyon-carver, but that means you won't make much power (relatively speaking compared to weight) below 6-7k rpms. So really, you're usable powerband is "only" 3-4k worth of revs. In a lightish car where keeping up the momentum and revs can equal fast times, in a Supra, the weight might be too much. Just saying, not hating, I really do love your car. Mad props.
Thanks for the kind words and intelligent post. Honestly it's my time attack supra just for fun. It's pretty much my purpose for the car. I don't take your post as a sign of disrespect as you are correct about the supra being heavy but there are always room for improvement. It will still be a slow build as i don't like tonrush things especially when finances are at hand.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
I was thinking about this the other day. 205 hp isn't bad for just intake an exhaust mods. throw a big cam in there with head work and high compression pistons and it should go up a fair bit.
With time attack being your main concern i would think the car should go on a heavy diet plan, haha.

Very few people go the time attack route with a supra, and even fewer with all motor, so i applaud you on that.

plus it sounds fucking menacing and the over-all package is dope as ****.

can't wait till you tear the engine down and put in some more work.

·
Registered
168 Posts
What most people don't realize is that 205hp at the wheels is more than a stock NA Supra (which if you've ever driven one feels like you are pulling a trailer behind you full of fat chicks). I'll be totally honest though and say if you ARE an all NA guy you may be going the wrong route - the N/A Supra was only made to make a more affordable option but still be able to say "I own a Supra". For the money that looks like was invested you probably could have built an LSX Monster (or 1UZ) and REALLY have a time attack car (not to mention piss off every single person in the Supra community as I'm sure you already have lol). It would definitely have been a better use of funds not to mention it would be faster than a hybrid camry. No disrespect though, its a unique build and definitely not something you'd see everyday.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What most people don't realize is that 205hp at the wheels is more than a stock NA Supra (which if you've ever driven one feels like you are pulling a trailer behind you full of fat chicks). I'll be totally honest though and say if you ARE an all NA guy you may be going the wrong route - the N/A Supra was only made to make a more affordable option but still be able to say "I own a Supra". For the money that looks like was invested you probably could have built an LSX Monster (or 1UZ) and REALLY have a time attack car (not to mention piss off every single person in the Supra community as I'm sure you already have lol). It would definitely have been a better use of funds not to mention it would be faster than a hybrid camry. No disrespect though, its a unique build and definitely not something you'd see everyday.
No disrespect taken, I just figured to use what Toyota gave me and improve it more. I know i could have had a different engine approach but i didnt feel the need to change everything out like ac and dealing with more wiring issues. Also I love the sound of i6 engines naturally aspirated. It's not going to be a competition car. Just a weekend track car tonhave fun.

clean car dude! love the itb supra. was this car at mazfest '10?i remember seeing an itb supra there last year not sure if this is the one. either way very clean. what did you make the rear diffuser out of?
Ummm I am not sure if I went to that meet, if there is another itb supra out there I would love to see the setup. Thanks for the kind words.

1 - 20 of 253 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.