ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
fender gap is the enemy
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

my joyfast would get a little bit cold with the weather, and i've heard people bitch about it so I did a little Google searching (important step) and bought some ipod nano socks, it was a 6 pack of different colors for like 1$ shipped or something stupid on ebay or maybe amazon i dont really remember.
they're stretchy, but i don't know how well it would work for you voodoo ball-ers it might not quite stretch that wide, idk i dont have one to try. :fab:

anyways 1 works alright its a little thin of material but still kept my hand off the cold knob, but I doubled it up recently with this grey one over the top of a green one and now its a little kushy and warmer haha. maybe ill stack all of em on there for fun.

should come in handy in the summer too, oh wait i'll have my G-String keepin' the sun off of it anyways. :cool: not bad for a dollar or 2 :whistle: they also have the socks for bigger ipods so maybe that would fit around larger knobs?

no I won't find the link for you, do some damn searching! :woolery:

·
Closed Shell Syndrome
7,676 Posts
Uh huh huh. You said knob sock.

My Zoom knob stays pretty cold until my transmission is fully warmed up, but I just use my string back gloves and I point the heater vent right at the shift knob.

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
I man up and use my hot/cold knob without whining about it.

I do the same thing for my car's shift knob as well :woolery:

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
With the longer shift there is more room for error in finding the gear and you get more leverage. Its just a mater of preffferance. Miata roadster's winning autocross car is setup the same way, and they sell a long angled shift knob just like so.

I think its kinda weird personally. I like the short throw of the stock. I always just kinda figured its fanboyish of Race cars with the long shifter close to the steering wheel that just is barelly nudged. Like you see a lot in rally.

·
fender gap is the enemy
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i said i have it for the lols. with the joyfast its pretty weighted on there, its fun to slap around in neutral. maybe im just easily amused. i can also use my left hand to shift if my right hand is busy hahah

if im worried about missing a shift ill take 10 seconds and unscrew the damn thing.

germanguy- you've got the right idea! its for a laugh, not trying to be a rally driver with this on.

heres the link to the extender I have, there are several out there. FYI it was incompatible with my stock knob before i got my joyfast

http://www.enjukuracing.com/isis-shifter-lever-extender-p-10121.html

1 - 20 of 21 Posts