ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's my alma mater. and i would've made the drive up there to see him graduate and also to see Berkeley. I miss that town. Plus, I want to get a "Cal Alumni" license plate frame. And perhaps from other Cal paraphernalia.

Except that my family (parents, sister, bro-in-law and nephew) who lives 20 minutes from me (SoCal), didn't tell me about it and drove up without me.

My family forgot about me. :?

go..bears...

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe [email protected]*#$*@... that spot next to Raleigh's at between Haste and Channing and Telegraph.. they used to have a line out the door during meal time.

but nothing beats Top Dog.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Yeah- the sandwich place right on Telegraph!

Berkeley has changed, and not for the better. After Cody's Book store left, Telegraph ave. feels dead. LeVal's used to have the best pizza- and now it's closed (along with the Tower record above it). Too many closed storefronts there now.

I'm a Cal and USC alum...

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
who can resist blondies? greasy like all other pizzas, but a damn great deal for starving college students!

i didnt know LaVal's closed. that's unfortunate. every time i go back to berkeley, i'm surprised at how much it changes, and you're right.. not for the good. it's definitely losing the berzerkeley feel...

how about people's park? is it still around? there was always so much hub bub surrounding what to do with that park. nothing ever came of it, as far as i knew.

·
Esteemed Member
4,380 Posts
The whole Bay is changing a lot. Every time I go back up north, it feels more and more like Orange County --and that's a bad thing. More of those specialized "high end" strip malls (like Santana Row on Stevens Creek), and even more housing development. The beauty and green of the Bay is slowly disappearing. And small, cheap, and REALLY good local food is going out of business because of such developments. :(

·
CR.net Supporter
185 Posts
I don't remember the streets so much, but its along the main walk of shops and resturants, near or on a corner. It's been years...

The chicken salad sandwitch had apples, nuts, and ownage.
I love sandwiches that come with ownage... :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts