ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Supporting Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way to work today, a problem occurred. my miata began to overheat. pulled up to a 7-11 and discovered the radiators leaking from the bottom i can literally see this hole. not huge but a noticeable leak gave it away. what's someone to do? well if you ask click and clack, they'd tell you what i ended up doing. three eggs in the radiator, stat!!
the eggs went in with a gallon of distilled water. cruised to work no issues, came home and stopped at several places along the way, including a drive thru waiting line. hows the car? overflow tank is the same as when i filled it.
so if your ever stuck in this situation. get a dozen eggs and keep going......:phillyb:

·
Registered
349 Posts
whole eggs with the shell

·
Supporting Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no shell, crack em and put em in....add black pepper as well. it helps with the smell of breakfast

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
whoa whoa timeout........wait so you cracked the eggs and threw them in the radiator?! How many? and i've never heard of such debachery :eek:

·
Supporting Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
three eggs...still got them in there. might throw in a couple more until i get a rad for the car.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yeah, you CLOGGED a hole.
And everything else in your cooling system.

Have fun replacing it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
For an emergency fix-it JUST to get home it works... Although you really just need the egg whites. However, as stated above you really need to

A.) Fix the problem, right now. Don't drive it again until it's fixed.
B.) At a minimum, flush your entire system and hope you got it all out

·
Supporting Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
im growing wuite fond of the smell. i can imagine there'd be some cloggage, seeing as how eggs are going inside a coolant system, but its an eggbeater who cares. wouldnt be doing it to a proper ride. but its getting the job done on this pile of crap

·
Registered
272 Posts
im growing wuite fond of the smell. i can imagine there'd be some cloggage, seeing as how eggs are going inside a coolant system, but its an eggbeater who cares. wouldnt be doing it to a proper ride. but its getting the job done on this pile of crap
As the eggs cook inside your radiator they expand... Filling the cracks. Pepper also helps, because it also expands when it comes into contact with water.

Cooked eggs is not a permanent solution and will eventually fail again... Soon.

But congrats on the MacGyver-ness of getting home.

·
Supporting Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well, from where i heard this a dozen eggs lasted about six months so......lol
ill get a radiator on monday.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts