ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New owner of a 95 Montego Blue!

This will be my semi-track project so I have couple things planned for it :icon_cheers:

Wheels came with the car and also included the original 14", so I have no idea what wheels these are. Hardtop was taken off and will be put back on at a later date.

To Do List:
DETAIL IT! Just look at those swirls!
Power Locks/Alarm System ( I know this is not theft-proof)
Hardtop Security Kit (what should I go with?)
Roll Bar
Suspension (suggestions??)
Wheels/Tires...

·
Mr. Swisher
1,430 Posts
Welcome!

Looks like a nice start!

What wheels are you planning to get?

·
Mr. Swisher
1,430 Posts
I love the way 14's look but you get many more tire choices with a 15".

Is this going to be a daily driver?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Power locks/keyless entry complete! I got two extra actuators if anyone is interested!
Viper Alarm Install Soon...
Replaced door speakers done (had one blown OEM)
Window tracts cleaned and regressed! Driver side regulator may be on it's way out... Maybe clean up the switches?

BeatRush Latches coming in the mail!
Moddiction Wide Angle a Convex mirrors on the way!

Redline Fluids, Oil change, Spark plugs are going to be done soon!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Replaced a blown speaker with a set donated by a friend! They're some old Infinity 6.5" Shallow Mount Speakers. I put in some DEI BoomMat Speaker Baffles for wet protection..

Replacing the Headunit with a Pioneer that was also donated from my friend. Those vents were very hard to snap off but I managed to take them off to add some felt inside for the drooping vent fix.

Found out the Rubber Boots (outter and inner) were torn, replacements have been ordered!

Installed power door locks! Excuse the painters tape haha

Because the actuators were installed backwards, the wirings needed to be flipped

BeatRush Latches came in!

Metra Dash mounting Kit used with #1 Brackets and trimmed all side mounting brackets except for "B"

More Trimming than these pieces were needed.

Here is how it looks with an OEM Tray (B02A-66-9M0A), Metra kit needed to be trimmed to fit this! Also the 95 Dash needs to be modified (cutting the side with 2 slits for the tray to snap in)

Did a little bit of Soft Top Plastic Window polishing with Meguiars PlastX. Still hard to see, but I will be using a hardtop soon.

Thats all for now!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How did you do the power door locks? What are they controlled from?

Build looks great so far!
I followed the instructions from M.net garage. I got a keyless entry kit from eBay for $38 that has one central actuator that locks and unlocks all the actuators once triggered. PM me if you want more details.

·
Registered
879 Posts
buy a cheap header and call it a day, much improved throttle response over a stock one. leak or not
This! but if you are unaware, a lot of the NA 1.8 headers have fitment issues so you will need to jack up the engine a little and maybe trim some metal from the transmission tunnel to get it to fit right without rattling (if you don't go with a nice name-brand header).

Good luck on the build, I was thinking about doing the electric door locks and security too (did the Viper install on my old 2000 integra, pain in the ass if you aren't a fan of wiring, but it's worth it. )

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
This! but if you are unaware, a lot of the NA 1.8 headers have fitment issues so you will need to jack up the engine a little and maybe trim some metal from the transmission tunnel to get it to fit right without rattling (if you don't go with a nice name-brand header).

Good luck on the build, I was thinking about doing the electric door locks and security too (did the Viper install on my old 2000 integra, pain in the ass if you aren't a fan of wiring, but it's worth it. )
NOOOOOO!!! Just get a decent size hammer and give it some pounding and you will be good! No cutting required..unless you REALLY want too.:suicide:

I have keyless entry on my '97 and love it. Now just need to get remote start.

Good start on the build. Keep up the good work! :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ill most likely leave the headers on, I believe the smoke/smell maybe coming from the CAS O-ring as I have no documents from PO ever changing it. the VC gasket is a Fel-pro (newest revision) so I may tackle the job once I get a clean look if there's any leaks...

However my headers have this dark spot on it. will have to get pictures up.

On a side note, Megan Racing Street Series Coilovers have been ordered! next up HDHCHT M1

·
Registered
137 Posts
Very nice. I have a montego blue too with megan streets and hdhcht m1 too. Make sure those top nuts are tight on the coilovers because mine came loose from factory. Use a hex to hold the shaft. If they arnt tight they make a lots of clunking noises.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Very nice. I have a montego blue too with megan streets and hdhcht m1 too. Make sure those top nuts are tight on the coilovers because mine came loose from factory. Use a hex to hold the shaft. If they arnt tight they make a lots of clunking noises.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who had this problem. My Street Series did the exact same thing. Hopefully you enjoy them though. Good luck OP !

1 - 20 of 64 Posts