ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got home tonight, and threw the Miata up on the lift... finally pulled off the Enthusa. Between being catless, and the enthusa being a slightly "off" shape, it just wasn't working out.

Loved the look, loved the tone above 5k RPM... just couldn't take the volume or the rasp. I might try it out again when I get another cat, or the hi-po goodies go on, but for now? It was all noise, no performance, plus since it hung slightly lower than stock, it knocked on the rear stock subframe something fierce.

I'm torn now. Sell it and get something different, or break out the torch, and heat it into place to work once the car gets finished?

Either way, the car's quiet now. Guess I need to start looking at exhausts and see if I find something I like more before I bite the bullet and sell the one I have.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I hear you man! i have a quite exhaust and sometimes its not quite enough. racingbeat is really not loud at all but sometimes the very low bass sound just kinda annoying. I can't imagine having something louder than racing beat. i wish i have a turbo to quite it down a bit.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I hear you on that (no pun intended). My exhaust is wicked loud, too. I enjoy it above 5k rpm, especially in tunnels, but below that it's just too loud for cruising. I debated modifying it or just getting a different one for now. It's really too nice to hack up plus I can't be bothered (wrenching is so much easier than cutting and welding) so I've decided to replace it with the Racing Beat this weekend. Now anti-FWD says even that's too loud for him! Hopefully I'll have some before/after video for comparison.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah. Stock catback, gutted cat, RB header.Car feels SO dead above 5k now.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yeah, I like my Enthuza and all but that knocking up against the rear sub frame has REALLY got to go...still havent found a 100% hassle free fix for it, although Im going to try to stick some heater pipe between the two and see how long that works... :(

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ran zipties between the muffler hanger on the driver side over to the passenger side hanger, car side. stopped the knocking side to side, but it kept tagging my brace.

Ben, unknown. it's Nate Ramsey's old Enthusa. single 3" tip, no resonator.

The Enthusa is going back on for the first of september trackday, I'll take pics of my "fix" before I take it back off after the trackday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts