ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I felt like a little boy at Christmas opening up the packaging. Had to share some quick pics. unfortunately they're kind of shitty because it's dark up here. I'll get more pics later, along with impressions after they're installed on the miata...

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
Am I missing something?? Did they come with springs or are you buying a separate set? Either way they look great!

·
Registered
490 Posts
are the xida-s 4100's or 5100's?
I'm trying to figure that out too. I'm almost positive the DA XIDA's are 5200's while the SA XIDA's are maybe 4100s. I like the 5100's specifically for the remote reservoir on the rear shock where it is really needed.

MCarp22: Vorshlag Motorsports has Miata kits listed. Prices start at $2499 for just the shocks. Only an additional $1400 to upgrade to double adjustable.

·
BaByGuRL!!!
5,494 Posts
those are some sexy suspension pieces...bad ass!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm trying to figure that out too. I'm almost positive the DA XIDA's are 5200's while the SA XIDA's are maybe 4100s. I like the 5100's specifically for the remote reservoir on the rear shock where it is really needed.

MCarp22: Vorshlag Motorsports has Miata kits listed. Prices start at $2499 for just the shocks. Only an additional $1400 to upgrade to double adjustable.
yeah it's $2499 for the 5100's without top mounts or springs, but the quality is on par with moton.

The really cool thing about these shocks is that the 5000 series is a modular setup that can be upgraded to double or triple adjustable in the future ( no need to buy a completely new set of shocks ).

here's a pic of what the double adjustable version looks like as a complete setup.

http://www.949racing.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=186

·
Registered
490 Posts
The really cool thing about these shocks is that the 5000 series is a modular setup that can be upgraded to double or triple adjustable in the future ( no need to buy a completely new set of shocks ).
+1, you can see in the pic that the front shocks are already tapped for an external reservoir upgrade.

Are you using NB or the AST top hats?

·
Registered
38 Posts
are the xida-s 4100's or 5100's?
It looks like the Xida-S is based off of the 5100s because of the aluminum construction, from the website the 4100s were a steel construction. Interesting to see that the 5100s from Vorshlag come with rear remote resevoirs for the miata, not sure if the Xida-S does or not... hopefully Emilio can chime in soon.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
+1, you can see in the pic that the front shocks are already tapped for an external reservoir upgrade.

Are you using NB or the AST top hats?
Vorshlag/AST-USA only had two top hats in stock when I ordered, so I'm going to run with nb top hats till I can upgrade all 4 corners at once (these will be used on my 94 na).

Given the pricing on the xida-s I think they might be 4100's and not 5100's with the rear remote reservoir. I'm not positive, but hopefully emilio will chime in and correct me if I'm wrong. either way, both 4000 and 5000 series are awesome coilovers.

Hopefully i'll be able to put them on the car this weekend.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I actually just got off the phone with Terry over at Vorshlag. He's a really great guy to talk to by the way. He verified that Emilio is in fact selling the 5100's but the pricing may be a little off, he is going to double check that. Terry did mentioned that adding the external reservoir is rather expensive, so that is one reason for the price difference.

Vorshlag and 949 are working very closely so I'm convinced that anything Emilio sells is going to be well worth it. Hopefully he'll have the option of the reservoirs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks for looking into it. The pricing could be a bit off considering 949Racing has not shipped any out yet. I was trying to create a similar package to the XIDA with the 5200s on the AST website and they were also a bit more expensive. Will be interesting to find out the answers to some of these questions. I think this will be a great option for the miata platform, looks like a lot of research went into them.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts