ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O god, I can't help bragging a little (atleast to the people who will understand). After a long wait i finally got my rota pdc wheels via ups from the phillipines(sp?). I installed some wheel spacers and fm sways at the same time, did hella fender rolling with a rented roller ($75 rental fee including shipping back) and a new more agressive alingment. These are the first pics taken on a sh!ty camera phone, I'll have some higher quality ones in a few days. Check out my garage for the specs.

Attachments

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
looks great. Ill admit, I didnt think they were going to look as good as that.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the props people....

trojan: Im still down for next weekend in rabbit hash, though no one has actually told me that they will be there :( PM me

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
O-ya, check out the side shots....see anything missing?? THE MIRROR! #-o the holes are just covered up with gloss white vynal, not the most professional, but it really hides/blends in well. It takes me a second to find the vynal (actually looking for it) when approaching the car. Good enough for now!

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
The wheels remind me of the Brock B2. What are the specs on your new wheels and tires? What suspension/settings? Any rubbing? The mirror delete vinyl mod looks invisible. I recall once seeing someone using vinyl to change the black painted rockers to body color.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Sorry I forgot to check your Garage first. I found your alignment setup (front caster: 5.7, camber: 1.25, toe: 1/32 per side rear camber: 2.25, toe: 1/100 (.01) per side) and what suspension components you're running but what is your ride height as measured from the wheel center to fender lip? Is such a measurement still valid on fenders that have been worked over since the datum may have moved? Also, I assume the wheels are 16" diameter (based on a tire size of P205/45R16) but what is their width and offset? Thanks.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
but what is your ride height as measured from the wheel center to fender lip? Is such a measurement still valid on fenders that have been worked over since the datum may have moved? Also, I assume the wheels are 16" diameter (based on a tire size of P205/45R16) but what is their width and offset? Thanks.
16x8 +38et with spacers it brings the offset to +13 rear and +23 front.

as for ride height, the fatcat mounts lower the car slightly plus I cut one coil off the rear FM springs. Its gonna be hard for me to measure exactly from hub center to the fender arch. The wheels center cap sits back in the rim a good amount...so I'll have to eyeball it, the camber is pretty argessive so it will make the wheels center appear higher (expecially because of the spacers) and the fender archs did move just slightly up and more noticably out (yes the outside body of the car), kinda like a very minor fender pull, I really applied some force when rolling the fenders :shock:
So to sum all that up, my measurement is NOT exact just eyeballed
front: 11.75"-12" rear: 11.75"
The car does rub ever so slightly when:1, front wheels are turned half way leaving a steep 'curbed' driveway. 2, back wheels in same situation with the front wheels straight. I cant tell exactly where it rubs....the back may even be a sway bar issue (hitting something or binding) either way very minute. Im sure I will have it worked out soon! It would probably go away now if I could manage to get my sway bars on the stiffest settings. :cry:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts