ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a Greddy kit in, invested in the 2.5" downpipe and had a full 2.5" exhaust installed, cat and all. I finally got it completed since the exhaust was a full custom job, I paid about as much for the materials as I would have for the Enthuza budget, but my price was with a catalytic convertor and 304 stainless steel all the way through.

Anyways, on with the pics. I intentionally let it stick out a bit further than stock, probably going to trim a couple of more inches off.

And outside of the car....

I was going to have a video clip also, but my digital camera only does video, no audio. :(

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On eBay from Performance Curve. I'll be taking more pics tomorrow, the muffler is damn near hidden from view.... which reminds me, I forgot to take my stock exhaust out of my truck... oh well, wife will just have to deal with the clunk clunk.

Anyways, I got all the components from eBay except the nuts and bolts and downpipe. All the straights, bends, cat, muffler, flanges, and gaskets are from eBay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, Firedog it looks good on the car, you forgot to mention the price of the beer and my 3" cat. First post here look like a good site I'll be around. Here are some more pics I tried to e-mail but file is a bit large, I'll get them to you over the weekend[/quote]

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, how could I forget to mention Ted????!

For everybody's information, Ted J. Moore is the guy who welded all my stuff together. I did indeed forget about the cost of the case of Corona and the catalytic converter in exchange for his welding prowess, so tack on another $90 or so for that! :)

BTW Ted, it sounds damn near stock again. :) Just a little more hairy chested though, very nice sounding!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bill, Can't wait to here it, now that it is cooling off I think it is time to start building my 3". I am still trying to send the pictures to you. I tried posting here but I think I need to read the instructions for the forum. If I can't I still have e-mail.

·
Registered
976 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
love the stealth look. that was part of my goal when I put in my diy 3" turbo back system. though I did splurge for a 3.5" tip for the bling factor.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm probably going to get a double walled exhaust tip on it and still have it extended a bit from stock. I get backfires every once in a while and I already melted a sidemarker housing when it was routed under the bumper.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have a spare single walled tip that's 2.5" pipe to 3" tip. very simple angle cut.

Looks just like this:

I think it was $38 new from summit. still in the unopened box if you want it for cheap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts