ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Yeah- 4500 sounds good. The white is not the most desirable color though. If it was in a different color I might pay a little more

·
Registered
244 Posts
The only chance to sell it for more than that is too people who are looking for this car and are willing ot pay more for it.

But seroiusly, the lack of power steering isn't a plus, and 120K is alot of miles. The blue book is 3600. The only reason I even claim to know is I just spend the last 2 months looking at used miata's.

I think it also might depend on "when" you sell.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
mmm. laguna blue...

but i love white. mine's white..

no power steering doesn't faze me, although i do like how much more "tossible" it makes the car feel with power steering, but you lose a lot of feedback.

i'd probably pay about 5 for that car. i paid 3500 for my 94 a few months ago, 128k miles, and that price was pretty low compared to the earlier 90-93's in the area.

·
Registered
459 Posts
great looking car, congrats!

what are your future plans?

i really am a sucker for a true R package, not everyone will agree

but my first ever experience in a miata was in the driver's seat of a '94 r pkg back in '96. i ended up buying that car. later sold it. doh!

second miata was another R pkg, a '95. turbo'd it and sold it.

and 2 moths ago i picked up another R pkg. this one has really low mileage and i paid a premium for it.

many will argue that there is no added value of an R. but there are others like myself that will cough up even more cash for one.

to each their own, but for me an R pkg miata is the way they should all have been made--but that's just me.

120k miles + hardtop + r pkg. = i'd pay in the ballpark of $5k, maybe a couple hundred more max....

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maybe its just my area where they are higher (I actually am pretty sure Miatas are generally more money in Arizona). I had a 1995 R package that i purchased for $5200, sold it 4 months later for 6700 WITHOUT a hardtop. I had plenty of offers over 6k but decided to wait. Im obviousely not going to tell anyone how much i paid but i KNOW for a fact i can/will make well over a grand if i do decide to sell it.

Future plans are to keep it 100% stock becuase I already have a 200+ RWHP fully done up miata. Im gonna do a couple track days in it then eventaully sell it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
no doubt you'll get plenty of offers.

like i said, many people say that there is not much significance in an R package. but that's just because they don't have one! :lol:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts