ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
204 Posts
id say that it has been in a minor collision because of the color of the front bumper looking a little fresher then the rest, and the fact that your factory tie down hooks are also white.

nice car though, have fun.

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
Awsome find man ::thumbup::

·
Mostly Harmless
1,540 Posts
As to the fair price...
I ran across a '96R in red a couple of years ago. It had a Jackson blower and a basic roll 'hoop', painted TSIs (that were poorly painted, fwiw), clean title, OE Bilsteins, original hollow-spoke wheels, A/C, crap tires, and something akin to 98k on the odometer.
The car was on a low-rent used car lot of all places, and asking price on-site was $9k. I laughed! Online price was $7500 cash. They had the car for at least four months, but it did eventually sell with no reduction in listed price.
I know the rarity alone caught my attention, as production numbers for the Rs are quite low, with that '96 being 1 of 111 or something of the sort.

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
Seriously the best time to consider buying a miata is winter. as soon as spring hits dealers raise the price like 3000. I bought my 91 in november of 06 for 4150.00 out the door, bone stock, 73k, 1 owner, viscous, and hardtop from a dealer. Then in january of 07 i bought my 99 for 7600.00 out the door, bone stock, 48k, torsen, bose, and 1 owner from a dealer. My friend got a 99 this summer from a dealer. It wasnt as nice as mine, did have a torsen, but no bose, and had more chips and not as nice of paint. He ended up getting it for 10,200.00 and that was after haggling!!!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts