ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, my name's Russell, I'm from Orlando, and 4 days ago I picked up my first Japanese car, a 1990 Miata Turbo. I traded the guy for my beloved BMW 540i/6, and, to say the least, I'm in LOVE with this car and with the amount of money it's going to put back into my wallet. Bmw's, no matter how much fun they are, are costly. I've got a 1981 BMW 320i as a project, it's a work in progress....

without further adieu, here's some shots of my new baby. These are from the previous owner, I'll do a photoshoot soon enough, and get some better ones, but these'll at least let you see her:

and here's the car I traded for the miata:

and finally, here's the project:

I know NOTHING about jap cars, so expect a lot of stupid questions from me, I apologize ahead of time for that. Thanks all!!!

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I forgot to refer you for super bonus points.. Damn.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Nice car, all three. what kind of wheels are those? they look kinda like watanabe

kevin

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
welcome to the boards and nice to see another turbo owner. Sell me your momo wheel! jk Ask any questions you have and well do our best to answer.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Welcome, there is are a few Miata Clubs in Orlando, im not sure if they have a forum yet though.

Im in Tampa, and if you are ever in the area, we meet up every Wednesday............. thats today!! :) yeah for us!! hehehe

Here is our local forum.
http://www.tampabaymiatas.net/forum

East Siiiiiiiiiiide!!!!!!!!

PhatMiata (^_^)

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I guess tonight I am buying ORLANDOROADSTER.com..

What the Internet needs is more Miata forums.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
that would be cool, the Orlando crowd needs a forum for sure!!! It would be much easier to do group runs with them to the Gap, and Rspeed Open house if they had their own forum.

PhatMiata

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
that would be cool, the Orlando crowd needs a forum for sure!!! It would be much easier to do group runs with them to the Gap, and Rspeed Open house if they had their own forum.

PhatMiata
I am buying the domain tonight, PM me or send me a message on AIM. I have experience setting up forums, won't be a problem at all.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nice ride. I am a former Porsche owner, and again, great cars, great upkeep. However, I think the Miata is a better driver's car. You really don't have to worry about the rear end stepping out as much. Welcome to the forum and congrats....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the kind words. Yes, they are Konig rewinds...

here's the mod list if anyone's interested, copy and pasted from the email from the previous owner:
Greddy turbo kit
Begi fmu
Starion fmic,leak tested prior to install
Custom intercooler piping
993 bov
1.8 dif
Act clutch
a/f and boost gauge
Momo 08 drift wheel 350mm
Konig rewinds 15x7s
Falken ziex 512s
Mech boost controller
Tokico shocks/structs +springs 1.5 drop
R package lip, nla from dealer
Racing beat style bar
Jackson racing cat back exhaust
Jackson racing cat
Mazdaspeed oil cap
Valve cover professional painted.
Walbro 130psi fuel pump.
JVC cd player wit aux port on face plate for ipod
Pioneer speakers

and ultimate, if you need any help, let me know, I'm off now, and don't go back in till 4 tomorrow afternoon. So, I've got some time to kill. Jess is working tonight :)

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I need to find a new dimmer switch to see if mine works. If they come in and out easy I want to borrow yours.

:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts