ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Supporting Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive had this Body kit in the garage for about a year now since i went off the road at the deals gap and put a dent in my driverside fender. Ive never done any body work before but i am game for learning new things so i set out to learn the tricks of the trade. my first lesson was to never buy the cheap body kits off ebay. You might as well make your own. I recieved mine full of cracks, low spots, high spots, and spots missing. Hours and hours were spend filling sanding and filling again but i finally got it to where i was ready to cover it. then i went to the local body shop and learned about the painting process. So far Ive got it primed and ready for paint. Finish date will hopefully be the end of spring break so i should get it painted soon. Question is, what else do i need? Id like to get some of those brightning fender flares to go with it but im having a hard time finding a place where i can order them.

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
i like the fenders. I will have to keep and eye out for the final project cause my passager fender is shot.

btw where did you find the fenders and how much do you get them for.

Thanks

·
Supporting Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i like the fenders. I will have to keep and eye out for the final project cause my passager fender is shot.

btw where did you find the fenders and how much do you get them for.

Thanks
I had the same problem. my driverside. I bought them off of ebay there are still some on there i believe, but they are not perfect. expect to do some sanding and filling. they are inexpensive for a reason. looks like the price is $145 currentily. they are "D-1, or D1 fenders" should be easy to find.

·
Supporting Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE!!

i actually have the whole car painted but dont have pics yet ill post some asap but heres what ive been working on spring break. 11+ hours for kit install. a good 5 hours on sideskirt modification, and an ungodily amount of prep work. i learned alot tho ill post my advice from my expierence in painting in my next post with "finished" pics.

Attachments

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Maybe shave off the front section of the side skirts so that they match up with the front fenders better, looks miss matched they way it it now, and would only make a nice spot to collect dirt, leaves, rain water.

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
that body kit has grown on me over time, if you get some agressive rims to go with it, it should looks pretty nice

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Maybe shave off the front section of the side skirts so that they match up with the front fenders better, looks miss matched they way it it now, and would only make a nice spot to collect dirt, leaves, rain water....
...and Squirrels! :shock:

haha, j/k, looks like it was a process up until now. I think I'll stay away from the temptation, but those fenders are looking good to me for some reason :-k

·
Supporting Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
aside from the side skirts, how well do the fenders actually line up?
maybe with the stock bumper it would fit better but on this kit its like 1/2 inch short on both sides. it might be the wisdom front bumber tho. all this fiberglass was hard to line up, and it cracked several times (7) while i was trying to streach it into place. thank God for fiberglass resin and a dremel tool.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Keep the front and trash the rest before you waste your time painting it.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
okay lets be nice here, no bashing other folks rides, everyone has their own style, Mr. PandaBear Paint Job :wink:

·
Supporting Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts

·
Supporting Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
and here they are, the molment you've all been waiting for... if you do the myspace thing ive got more on there. if you check them out they are on pages 2 and 3 of my pics.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts