ClubRoadster.net banner

My Roadtster Goes more JDM

2K views 24 replies 23 participants last post by  madaboutMX5s 
#1 ·
Went down the bodyshop today to see how they were getting on and car was all done so collected early:

Not everyones taste but I like it.

This is how the car looked when I first got it. Lucky for me it already had Runabout mirrors:

This is how it looked until going in the bodyshop with the Black Watanbes fitted:

Now its been into the bodyshop this is what it looks like:

Zoom Headlight Lids with Brightning Bonnet Vents to help cool the turbo:

MazdaSpeed Rear Spats with Underskirts Sprayed White, Also decided to get the hard top done:

Rear Bumper Lip Spolier:

Car needs a good clean as only just back from the bodyshop. More information on whats been done to the car including the interior changes can be found on my website!

See less See more
#13 ·
Looks real nice. Very clean. The sideskirts and mud flaps aren't my personal preference but they work well on your car. I would DEFFINATELY suggest painting the front R-package lip. With so much white on the car you don't even notice the black lip - painting it white would really fill out the front nicely.

-Ryan

#15 ·
Thanks for the comments.

Still a work in progress really as only had the car about 2 months.

The Brightning Scoops are useful for me as the engine had been getting hot with the turbo.

I might have to revisit the bodyshop as maybe the lips would look better sprayed, always thought they flaked too easy??

Zoom radio console on the way now with Omori Meter Gauges so a bit more JDM stuff to come for the summer!

#16 ·
Bodyshops have a hard time painting the lip spoilers; to get a good paint bond, they have to strip the plastic top finish right back.

I personally prefer no mudflaps at all, but if you're going to have them, track down the shorter style rear flaps. Looks are subjective, but the longer style end up rubbing on the paintwork, and cause rusting.

#18 ·
I might have to revisit the bodyshop as maybe the lips would look better sprayed, always thought they flaked too easy??
Painted airdams generally look like **** in little time IF the car is street driven.
I prefer the black rockers as well...both for looks and ease of care/touchup.
I would have kept the hardtop black and paint the windshield surround black too...but thats me.
White NAs rock though. Lookin good :)

#19 ·
ya paint those lips for sure, i couldnt even tell they were on till i read down the thread a bit and went back up to look at the pics again lol. other than that its pretty cool imo. busy sure but busy isnt always bad necessarily 8) moulding some of those pieces might help though, lol had to laugh at the gundam-ish comment from leatherface.

#25 ·
Im thinking of replacing the OEM front lip spoiler with the Garage Vary one if I can find one at a good price.

The aims of the mods I did was to create a roadster with lots of JDM bits that would look ok being sold on a Japanese auction, etc or in road&ster. As I mentioned only had the car about 2 months so still a work in progress.

I get some pictures of how the brighning is on the bonnet later. I bought them secondhand . You would need to cut holes in your bonnet to allow the vents to work correctly.

I bought a second hand bonnet and had it resprayed so that I still have the old standard white bonnet available should I wish to return the car to stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.