ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took me forever and a half since I talked about it.... but I finally managed to shorten my fender roller last weekend.

Now it fits right in there without dropping the coilovers. All I did was drill 2 pairs of holes to relocate the entire swivel arm downwards.

I have a question though- I don't seem to be able to roll the fender lip flat. I'm pushing the whole fender out more than I'm rolling the lip flat. What am I doing wrong? When you are rolling- do you let the roller swivel freely or do you set it at an angle and then tighten it?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
so your from the bay eh... if i decided to roll by your house from reno, nv wanna help me roll my fenders ? = D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Re: My rollersectomy is done

I set the head at a more severe angle to roll the lip flat, and then moved the head out to pull the fender like the angle you have it at in your pics.

·
Registered
720 Posts
slevin
instead of driving all the way to the san jose area youd probably be better off renting the tool online
it would save you money

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
slevin / xn7: You're more than welcome to drop by & borrow the tool :)

cmyk: I'll give that more extreme angle a shot. Does it mattter whether the roller is fixed at that angle, or do you let the roller swivel freely?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I might be rolling out to SF tonight with my brother to pick up some wheels.......sf has all the asian and cool stuff reno doesnt.. thats why i commute there frequently. maybe we should have a roadster meet int he bay ! compete with the socal crew = D

·
Registered
105 Posts

Yeh fix the head, it'll move slightly under pressure, but just fix it parallel with the lip, it should fold in very easily at the front, the back arches seem to be a lot stronger.
I presume you're using a heat gun too?

·
Sequence Number 1280
3,052 Posts
make sure you remove the fender lining as well as the plastic tabs holding in the fender lining, then make sure there are no little rocks in the fender lips. clean up the area before u work on it.

here's how i do it:

align the head near perpendicular to the fender with the backside a little tilted up and the front side a little tilted down.

roll it.

adjust to put pressure outwards a little.

roll it.

then bring it back in.

this should make the lip tilt upwards.

then adjust the head to be parallel with the fender (the head should be straight with the fender)

then start rolling again.

then adjust to push out.

then roll again.

repeat as necessary to get it as much as you'd want it pulled.

TeRRy

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

ok, so I read what Terry was saying... and I came up with a different way of doing what he said. I drilled another pivot hole further from the hub. This gives the roller more 'up' motion and less 'out' motion.
Out motion:

Up motion:

It's working better now. I strat w/ the up motion to push the lip up, and then change to the out motion to fold the lip. Also I just leave the roller fixed at 90 deg. I seem to get best result there.

BUT I still end up pulling the fender some though. I dont see how you can roll the lip flat without also pulling the fender since the front fender is so soft. I even tried to push the fender back some with my hands!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts