ClubRoadster.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I still don't understand why anyone would want this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't please everybody I suppose, but the exhaust was much lighter compared to the stock cat back. The components were if memory is right, a connecter piece from the cat, a resonator tank, the pipe itself, a finish panel in either stainless "what I have" or carbon, and lastly the rivets.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Can't please everybody I suppose, but the exhaust was much lighter compared to the stock cat back. The components were if memory is right, a connecter piece from the cat, a resonator tank, the pipe itself, a finish panel in either stainless "what I have" or carbon, and lastly the rivets.
Your thread was guaranteed going to be picked on because of this thread.

Seriously though, can't he at least give you stainless hardware for the finish panel instead of black oxide crap that's going to rust?

·
Registered
730 Posts
It's like somebody hates miata so much he tries everything to destroy every single one of them. Slammed, flares, drifting and now: Let's cut through the sills and destroy the chassis for a ricey and stupid exhaust!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your thread was guaranteed going to be picked on because of this thread.

Seriously though, can't he at least give you stainless hardware for the finish panel instead of black oxide crap that's going to rust?
Well thanks for the explanation, I had no idea. Didn't realize this community was so hostile :(

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Well thanks for the explanation, I had no idea. Didn't realize this community was so hostile :(
Just hostile to poorly done things. The hard top thing and his ridiculous claims about it really turned everyone on it. The praise for good quality things knows no bounds, see revlimiter and his products for an example of that. It swings in the extreme both directions.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
it's not bout pleasing everyone or anyone. It's your car and your build. Just don't expect it to not be critisized and commented on. Btw any aftermarket exhaust will be much lighter compared to stock.

·
Registered
647 Posts
it's not bout pleasing everyone or anyone. It's your car and your build. Just don't expect it to not be critisized and commented on. Btw any aftermarket exhaust will be much lighter compared to stock.
not always true, there's some configuration of racing beat exhaust that weighs a few lbs more than stock

·
Chinchilla Rancher
3,877 Posts
That panel looks like ****. Poorly shaped and not even contoured to the shape of the body. Those bolt heads sticking way out looks janky as ****. At the very least use a fastener with a domed head, but rivets would provide the lowest profile ultimately. I feel like this could be far better executed than this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.