ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys heres a few pics of my new exhaust i took to install

yes, if any of you ride motorcycles, its a yoshimura exhaust, happens to have a great sound, w/ deep tone, my racing beat didnt make me feel "racey" enough, :lol: i'll prob drop by friday if those krispy kreme meets still go on, so you socal guys can get a hear for it
-what do you guys think????[/img]

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I've always liked bike exhausts. Too bad it won't ever sound like a GSX-R 750 running to 15k rpm. Bike mufflers can be a very affordable route for people looking to DIY. People lay their bikes down all the time resulting in scratches. For cosmetic reasons the mufflers are replaced but underneath a car you can't see the scratches so it doesn't really matter. I've been keeping an eye out for cheap Ti mufflers - maybe one day.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Its funny, thats where the idea of canister mufflers came form. People starting using motorcyler mufflers and entually manufactures starting making car specific ones.

Very cool man. Lots of style. Im digging it.

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats effing genious!
i would never have thought of something like that.

i like that for the most part. the canister is just sticking out a tad bit for my liking, but i think it's still awesome.

try to record a sound clip!
yeah same for me too, but then i couldnt do nothing about it, the exhaust was really long, and it already was custom piped

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
thats effing genious!
i would never have thought of something like that.

i like that for the most part. the canister is just sticking out a tad bit for my liking, but i think it's still awesome.

try to record a sound clip!
yeh, Id like to hear it as well. I was actually looking at motorcycle mufflers on ebay 2 weeks ago, but wasnt too sure how it would look. Looks great although I would probably prefer a larger tip, or a twin center exit if I used motorcycle mufflers.

I like the adjustability of a supertrapp, but cant convince myself that the cap on the end looks good.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,121 Posts
I've always liked bike exhausts. Too bad it won't ever sound like a GSX-R 750 running to 15k rpm. Bike mufflers can be a very affordable route for people looking to DIY. People lay their bikes down all the time resulting in scratches. For cosmetic reasons the mufflers are replaced but underneath a car you can't see the scratches so it doesn't really matter. I've been keeping an eye out for cheap Ti mufflers - maybe one day.
Let me know how that comes out, Kyle. It'd be a nice way to save some weight on my my (increasingly race-only) car. Of course, after hearing the PC exhaust, you are on slight probation for exhaust choices (says the guy who went through 6 in one year #-o ).

·
Registered
441 Posts
looks cool..... but whats with the road kill hanging off the back? :D

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Well, you have got me looking on ebay. :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
I like it, I would be interested in doing something like this but dumping on the driver's side behind the bumper.

Would this type of system be too loud without a cat. convertor. This looks like a good, lightweight, DIY system.

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
that's def a different look. cant wait to see it in person tonight. :)

what'd you do with your racing beat exhaust?
my racing beat, is in my trunk, imma keep it just incase if i run in to any fixit tickets, its been really hot lately with the stuff going on at tabtues. pulling over stock civics WTFsauce!?

-and about the loudness, i had a humming noise come from my tires being that they are azenis, and are almost bald, and running 8inches wide, so then now the exhaust actually drowns it out a little, its a nice deep sound, amazed how it came out

·
Registered
902 Posts

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I really want to hack-up my rear bumper like that, I think it's a cool look.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts