ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Intended to be a leisure project from the start, and doesnt has a specific completion date. This will be the second year going in to it. Might be done over the summer, really dont have much left to do.

motor was pulled running from a 76 Corvette stingray that got a nice upgrade. I went out looking for a carb'd 350 over the LS series for many reasons, primarily to hit on the 3 evasive goals of any build :cheap, fast, and reliable . I wanted something I can literally tear apart and have back together in a short weekend. Its the toy car ( I have a second DD miata)

obligatory test fit =)

mounts being fabbed up

its a roller! Dont think the trans mount was done here just yet, so its leaning back

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x764.

this will ultimately be the new front end support for the radiator/etc, and will bolt on to the car via existing holes at the end of the frame rails.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x764.

Pretty sure thats where I left off, dont have any other recent pics. Tunnel was blown out and from what i've seen, this motor sits lower and father back than any other swap i've come across.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Looking good so far. Check out my carb build also. The only question is why do you say an LS is reliable its a push rod to????

·
I <3 NY & Hate you
995 Posts
Looking good so far. Check out my carb build also. The only question is why do you say an LS is reliable its a push rod to????
But the LS wasnt cheap like this I believe is what he was referring to. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Os, not O's

No apostrophe; it's plural not possessive.

·
··
4,227 Posts
Everytime I see one of these swaps I think I should save up for a WHILE longer and throw a 302 in if I can ever find the right Miata. What transmission and rearend will it use?

·
Registered
74 Posts
That block sits pretty low in the bay.

I'm wondering how much of the firewall has to come out to fit the distributor. Also, is the engine so deep that the stock pan fits? I'm curious to see how you solve some of the problems that I had.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I like where you are going on this... I went LS but did some things different than what the "Instructions" called for. None of these cars are bolt and run though some are closer than others. Tackle one issue at a time and try to plan ahead to avoid re-doos. My car took almost 3 years to run but it was worth every minute the day I took her out for the first time!
I also love the SVO...for sale?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I like where you are going on this... I went LS but did some things different than what the "Instructions" called for. None of these cars are bolt and run though some are closer than others. Tackle one issue at a time and try to plan ahead to avoid re-doos. My car took almost 3 years to run but it was worth every minute the day I took her out for the first time!
I also love the SVO...for sale?
+1

1 - 15 of 15 Posts