ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2nd kid was on the way and she really wanted this 1200.00 stroller...so I said sure but I get a CAR!:fab:

Bought it for $1200.00 in May last year has 180,000km on it and came with a new soft top. Some rust and a few bangs and brusies that will be dealt with and a worn interior.

First thing to do was to lose the worn out suspension she was sagging and swinging more than National Geographic women.

Megan Ez streets.

Oh snap! lower A arm is twisted. Only took 2 weeks to find a replacement...in frick'in Texas.(Im in Vancouver CAN) Had to replace all the eccentric bolts as they were rusted to **** and were siezed in the control arm bushing so they had to be cut off.

In goes some Megan Ez Streets along with a new RB hollow sway bar and adjustable end links and new rotors and pads while I'm at it.

New kicks, TRMotorsports C1 15 x 7.5 30mm offset with 195/50 Kuhmo AST. (Spacers coming at some point... should have got the 8" 0 offset:fp:)

And a new front lip. Here is how she looks now. Needs a tad more low and 20mm spacers but already scraping on speed bumbs, so not much lower.

That was done during the summer over a few weeks. (Should have taken a few partial days but the a arm fiasco made it take longer.)
Interior next, then motor when funds are available....maybe a cash job ,so I can hide it from the wife.:whistle:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So near the end of summer some ass hat decided to bust into my unlocked car...took nothing, didn't even pop the trunk to find my pirate gold. \Oh wait he threw out my ashtray /coinholder, couldn't find it anywere. Maybe he really wanted it for his Miata. Anyways Oct rolled around and I failed Aircare. Not surprised but was planning on a bit of a rebuild over the winter so in the garage she went...barely. About 10" clearence front and back in the small garage.

So this led to me thinking I gotta take the door panel off. Geez a white door panel on a black Maiat that used to be BRG. I got me a winner!

Moldy, nasty cracked shiiiiiit.

So I gots drunk

and this happened

Hence my 3am post last week on how to get the top dash bolt out.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Decided prior to the gut job that I wanted a black interior so I found carpet and interior trim bits on craiglist for a nice price of 150. At this point I was a little scared as I have never taken a car apart this much before...ummm never really worked on a car prior to this.

I digress... see, I told you I had pirate gold, but it was under the carpet

Before drunken Brian got hold of a socket set, tiny garage.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dash is cracked, door card mock up in background.

Driver side door pad also ripped/cracked

Bondo is just not for body panels. Dash repaired and ready for new vinyl.

Here is the newly wrapped OEM texture vinyl crash pad and new card wrapped in CF vinyl. Made template out of 1/4 MDF then used that as a router guide to make new cards from 1/8 MDF. Sorry no pics of this as it's hard to run a router and take pics at the same time. First time for doing vinyl fabric and also CF vinyl. Heat gun on both works a treat

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
hey another local guy! im in richmond.

and im sorry, but you and your wife bought a $1200 stroller? that sounds pretty epic. and i love your door cards. any other closer shots? looks graet with the 93le speaker covers.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the kind comments. I am in Richmond too, just moved here from Kits so I could get a place with a garage.

Spray painted the lower dash black. Plastic primer and black enamel paint from Duplicolor

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Forget the car... I want to see what kind of stroller can cause $1200 :eek:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Redone dash. New vinyl on the top and CF wrap on the lower bits. Dash was easier than I thought. Heated the hell out of it to form the vinyl into the vent holes. CF vinyl was trickier and it looks good but a few spots with a small wrinkle on the curves. I think the vinyl was not the best stuff (not 3M) and it lost it's stick around some edges. Centre coonsole will be redone once I figure out what I'm going to do over the tranny tunnel.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts