ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help diagnosing:

My car has recently developed a pronounced stumble between 1500 to 2000 rpms. It sounds almost like back firing or anti-lag on a turbo car. It usually only comes on when accelerating from a stop but not when decelerating and it only happens when the clutch is engaged. While popping and sputtering is is sluggish on acceleration until the sputter vanishes. If I rev up above 2k before I let out the clutch then it works fine but it's not exactly possible to do during my rush-hour commute.

So what's going on? Fuel filter? Spark Plugs? Coil Packs?

·
Registered
261 Posts
hey man I got the same problem but mine is between 2000 and 3500 and only does it regular driving. WOT its fine.

From what I understand the best thing to do is, gap the plugs at 40 and then new wires as well. Im going to put in my new plugs tomorrow and Ill let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pulled and cleaned the plugs then reduced the gap a bit. fixed the problem but it's slowly coming back. I'm gonna try replacing the plugs. They were really white so there's probably a fuel issue somewhere. Probably the filter.

·
Registered
492 Posts
i also have this problem. i changed the plugs and wires, but i still get the sputtering between 1500-2500 rpms. anyone have any luck with this yet?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, there was moisture in my plug wells. I put some silicone around the bottom of the boots. been good for about a year now but it's starting to come back.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
i just got new plugs and fuel filter, still a very slight hesitation at part throttle between 3k and 4k so new plug wires are next for me.

·
CR.net Supporter
569 Posts
Mine does this to but ill be siting idle and then it will jump up to just under 2k and run rich at random but if i tap on the accelerator it will drop below 500 and then jump right back up. When im at a dead stop and it does it i have to tap the gas a few times then steadily increase the gas while coming off the clutch as i do this a plume of black smoke comes out my exhaust.

I had my friend who's a mechanic put the sensor readout on it and it said the "coolant temperature sensor" so i got on the phone with mazda ordered genuine parts. Yeah sounds all great paying out the wazoo for quality right. No it still does it. My friend then told me it can be a bad wire or short in the wiring harness(which is like ALOT of wiring), or my ECU has gone to The dark side because my top leaks horrendous amounts of water.

I realize this was alot of words for a reply but if anyone knows of my problem or got anything from this thats good enough for me.

Peace.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts