ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about this bar seen on the M2-1001 nose. The GHO nose doesn't come with this, and its not clear where, if anywhere, the brace bars that normally attach to the base of the stock bumper will attach to. I have an idea that I can use an angle strip of aluminium attached to these braces, as a "floating" piece; it doesn't actualy have to be glassed to the nose (on the 1001 nose, it appears the metal strip ins't attached, I don't know if this extends to the other side).

Attachments

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm... Looks like the stock lower support.

Tell you what, send me a 1001 nose and I'll install it and let you know... :mrgreen:
No I meant the bar its attached to. Normally this support/brace is attached directly to the front bumper.

As an update; I scored a set of Cibie Tangos at the weekend which look to be a perfect fit in the GHO bumper. They were also way cheaper than the "official" Cibies, which only differ in having a Japan-spec foglight lens and slightly different casing.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Glad to hear you got the lights, i think they are like $180 on GHO's site, did you get the bumper painted and installed already?

That lower bar & plate is most definatly the lower support & bumper tie-in. Shouldnt be hard to fabricate one up, but i am also quite sure you wont need this with the GHO-1001 version it is one single & solid FRP piece. And the stock 1001 was just a clip on like the old Racing Beat Type1, and Wings west kits. So that bar and plate are used to keep the lower half of the stock 1001 clip-on piece firmly into place at the lower section.

PhatMiata

·
1,213 Posts
Mr Phat is spot on I reckon ... my brain isn't working today so I hadn't twigged ...

can you not use/adapt the standard hanger to fix to the GHO lip ? Even if you had wo make a small localissed plate or large washer, I can't imagine you would need a bar running the whole length !!?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts