ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Supporting Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shared this to a few Facebook Miata groups this morning, it's sitting at a Pick and Pull in San Antonio right now. Pics aren't mine, taken from a post on the San Antonio Drift Facebook Group.

What front end is this? just curious... It's not a Simpsons, and it's obviously not a Pitcrew...

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Great looking car!!! It looks XKEish. I wonder what the rear looks like? If only I had the money. Some one Needs to Save This!!!

·
Supporting Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Doesn't have the crease across the front.
The hood line & grille opening are different too... I'm wondering if it's an older Simpson Design front? I feel like I've seen this front before somewhere, but I can't put my finger on it, I'm completely baffled, it's killing my productivity at work this morning.

·
Registered
828 Posts
That's definitely a metal shell. Missing material could explain the missing crease in front. The Simpson Design Italia doesn't use the original hood and fenders though, so unless this is an early prototype from them, this is something different.

Neat, but I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Edit: Didn't see the above reply when I posted.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Jim Simpson is still around. You could email and ask him...
That he is and very friendly at that. Spoke to him directly when trying to locate one of his engine oil caps for Warbird. Exchanged several emails afterwards but what else can you expect from someone from Texas. :haiguyths: (at least I recall him saying that is where is from originally)

I agree it should be rescued. :icon_cheers:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts