ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone just thought I'd share this build with you all as I continue my search for a miata.

I've already started everything and have a build thread up on RX7club also so I'm just going to do some catching up right now.

Here is how I got the car for $400.

It is a '87 with 87,xxx miles on the chassis it had the manual rack and awesome paint!

It currently sits looking like this

I'll slowely upload all the pics from the oher thread but I figured I'd start off with this to keep you all entertained.

If you'd like to skip ahead and read the original build thread here is the link

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=979386

Let me know what you all think!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update soon. I have an FC fetish.

Initial D has ruined me :roll:

Ask and you shall receive...

First thing I got for the car was a hub, quick release and wheel since they were missing. I chose the Momo hub, NRG thin quick release and the Momo Montecarlo 320mm steering wheel. Here are some pics of those

Then I scraped out the sound deadening from the rear half of the car looks like this now

And lastly(for this update) I traded my stock wheels for these Rota's which I ended up selling later.

That's it for this update I'll get some more stuff up later when I have time.

LMK what you think!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are cragr d window 15x8 + 6 with a 8mm spacer all around tires are federal 595 rsr 205/50/15. Wheels are super cheap got the whole set with free shipping from summit

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I'm bored so here is another update lol. Sold the Rota's and picked up some grenade gx-01's in a 17/18 stagger but unded up getting rid of those after about a week. I got an NA drivetrain including engine and rear end. The engine did run but the injector wires were messed up so it wasn't getting fuel. I sat the engine in and put in the NA rear end. Then I took off the A/C and powersteering pump since they were useless. I then picked up some muteki lug nuts and a tomei duracon shift knob for really cheap.

Also got this from my neighbor for free!:D

also came with some goodies!

Used the drill press to make some hockey puck motor mounts for the time being since the oem ones were cracked in half!!

That's for this update enjoy!

Also here is a better picture of the wheels and fitment:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Dammit Garren, every time I see my old car, I want to cry. I MISS HER!!!!!!

LMK when you want to wire up the Haltech. We'll make a weekend of it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dammit Garren, every time I see my old car, I want to cry. I MISS HER!!!!!!

LMK when you want to wire up the Haltech. We'll make a weekend of it.
Get me a deal on the haltech and then we can wire it. I want to go throught the chassis harness too its super messy right now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts