ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a website where they sell the styrofoam that goes underneath the bumper cover in a NA?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Yeah, but I've seen people who don't want to risk damaging their paint if they screw up somehow, and besides, it's a cheap (maybe temporary) fix.

:p

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Super Moderator
2,750 Posts
It's part of the energy absorption "package" for lack of a better word. Its like a crumple zone. Its not designed to stop dents, think of it as the same idea as the foam liner inside a helmet. Its there to absorb and disperse energy in a front end collision. In my opinion, its better to have it than not, even though it honestly may not do anything above parking lot speeds.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's part of the energy absorption "package" for lack of a better word. Its like a crumple zone. Its not designed to stop dents, think of it as the same idea as the foam liner inside a helmet. Its there to absorb and disperse energy in a front end collision. In my opinion, its better to have it than not, even though it honestly may not do anything above parking lot speeds.
sounds legit. thanks

·
Mr December yo
2,423 Posts
Mines held on my two pieces of masking tape. I figured it would be more to stop some sort of vibration than absorption in an impact

1 - 18 of 18 Posts