ClubRoadster.net banner
201 - 220 of 256 Posts
Discussion starter · #203 ·
Got tires mounted to the formula mesh and test fit on the car. The pictures are with only a 1" spacer in the rear and none in the front. I ordered a 2" spacer but the seller sent 1" instead so I'm gunna keep the 1" and put up front and buy another set of 2" for the rear. That all should make the wheels sit a little bit better, comparable to how my mk2 fit. The 13" make the car sit about 1.5" lower too, which is really good, however exhaust hangs too low now so need to redo that. This is ok though, since I have wanted to do dual 1.5" pipes anyways for awhile now. Picutes are below. Tires are Bridgestone slicks in 180/510/13 all around.

Discussion starter · #207 · (Edited)
Another update with really nothing much changing on the car. Let's begin.

A few weeks ago the springs for the front of the roadster that I had ordered at the beginning of May finally showed up. The weekend after I was able to put em on the car and finally lower the front down where it should have been for a while now. The springs I ordered are 34k 100mm Swift springs and have worked really well so far. Since my rear spring rate is 40k, the 34k up front really balances the car out more than the 8k. It rides a little rough over bumps, but it's not nearly as bumpy or bouncy as people would think. I have been driving it for the past couple of weeks to and from work and it has done fine. Some pics below of after lowering:

Then this past week on Tuesday, wheels that I have been waiting for Wheelflip to finish up finally arrived. They are a set of 13" 100 PCD face xr4 in 10j 11j A type. They were originally 12x4.5, and the faces are kind of odd because they are actually about as large as a 14" face, but wheelflip was able to do a pretty good job and rebarrel them to 13" without them looking odd with a completely non step or reverse lip. Needless to say I am pretty happy with them. I am aiming for more SA22 look right now, which I may have mentioned before, specifically PARMAN famous SA22. That car had flares with 10j 12j A type mk1 and older advan rain slicks and looked completely fucked. One of the top kaido racer sa22s ever. I have some pics below of the wheels themselves, them sort of test fitted to the car, as well as a pic of the PARMAN sa22 for reference. The goal of these wheels is to stick out a good amount past the fender with the edge of the tread of the tire sticking a little past the edge of the fender. I think with the tires that I have for these wheels it will look pretty much how I would like. Also left to install is a slit spoiler that will need to be modified a bit to fit correctly I think. Will be redoing exhaust as well, going from K1 racing muffler to twin 1.5" stainless straight pipe out the left hand side of the rear bumper. No resonator or anything so it will probably be pretty loud, however my friend Phil has just a 1.5" pipe out of his with nothing else besides header and it sounds really good. Correct sound for kaido racer styling in my opinion.

The xr4 will need 10-15mm spacers as well for the pierce bolts to clear the calipers since the pad of the face is so flat, so the fitment should be exactly what I am aiming for. Also ordered a NUE type 2 spoiler today to see if it fits sa22 look more than current Trap wing does. I love the Trap wing though, and won't be getting rid of it, will probably change them out every so often if I end up liking the NUE spoiler. I will not be running the xr4 all the time on the car since the tires I have for them are older advan rain slicks and I don't think putting a ton of wear on them all the time is a good idea. However, that kind of a tire is needed for this specified look to work right.

In other news, not much going on with the corolla. Was able to win a Wind's Auto front bumper for it though this morning on auction. Extremely rare bumper and really happy with the win, will need some TLC, but that's fine since it's gunna be awhile until it goes on the car. I also bought another pair of 13" 8.5j B type mk2 for the corolla since the advan rain slicks I won come with another pair of 13" mk2 that seem to be 8j B type.

I guess that wraps it up for now, will probably update in a couple of weeks when NUE spoiler get's here and I can at least show test pics of it mocked up.

Discussion starter · #210 ·
Last weekend I took the time to finally shorten the slit spoiler I had for the car. I shortened it about 6 inches overall, taking out sections on the left and right side of the piece. It seemed it was way too wide to fit how it came from Hello Special. I thought I had bought the same one as my friend Joel who had fit his relatively easily with some little trimming, but it either isn't or I am just mounting mine a lot farther towards the rear than he had when he test fit his. Either way I am really happy so far with the results. The slit spoiler itself still needs some fiberglass finishing and some paint, but really happy with where it sits and how it looks. Overall, it really adds to the rear of the car, kind of filling a gap that the car had at the rear bumper. Next on the list is changing the exhaust to twin 1.5" pipes coming straight out the left side. Pictures of slit spoiler on the car below.

Discussion starter · #213 ·
This feels like adding things just to add things. (the 'slit spoiler')
Late reply, but naw definitely not, it's a common thing on a lot of cars that my car takes inspiration from.

Alright well been about half a year since I last updated this thing, not that anyone still gets on this forum and reads anything, but heck figured why not update the ole build thread.

Not much new like normal. Only real changes to the car in the past few months is I put 185/55/14 Federal all the way around rather than 185/60 direzza in the rear. Fitment I thought was great with the direzza in the rear, however it made the car sit slightly too high compared to the front. Also I think I said this already but maybe not, I upped the spring rate on the front to 34k to allow me to be able to go a little lower than I was. Really love how the car looks with 185/55 all the around. Full Mk2 is back as well, I had mk3 on the front for a while since I was testing what 9j and 185/55 would look like up front. Fronts mk2 though are 8.5j, will eventually probably widen them to 9j or 9.5j, but can't be bothered right now as I haven't really been focusing too much attention towards the roadster or corolla really as far as doing anything car project related.

I did however finally get my advan rain tires in that I had bought earlier in the year and immediately got them mounted to the xr4. Man I could not be happier with how they look! Still need to paint the "windows" of the wheels to make them look normal, but it's so cold now a days here in Kentucky that painting is out of the question really until spring if I want a halfway decent coat of paint. Anyways, test fit the wheels on the car! This look will be for about 0 people on this forum or any place on the internet probably haha as it's pretty wild compared to what most people are used to seeing. Car right now, as I have previously posted before, is heavily influenced by PARMAN SA22. In pictures on the page before you can see the fitment that car has with mk1 and slick tire sticking out from the zg flare. I absolutely love this style of kaido racer and have always wanted to try the look on my current car since I got the flares put on a couple of years ago. When I got the xr4 off auction and was looking to rebarrel them to wider specs, if 13" were an option then I was going to go for PARMAN look. For reference on the pics below, rear has a 25mm spacer and fronts have 15mm one. At least a 10mm spacer is needed to make sure the wheels' pierce bolts clear the calipers. The rear in future will only have a 15mm spacer and therefore will be about half an inch less in width sticking out from the car. I believe this will give a closer visual balance that the PARMAN sa22 had.

Other additions to the car whenever I get around to it in the spring will be removing the current rollbar and making my own PVC one. This will serve two purposes that, while I don't feel as if I have to explain am going to anyways for those who actually have read this far. The first reason is I want to run a TRD style bucket seat in the car and if I do that I need to remove the roll bar because my head will sit right on the current one, which would do some damage to me even in a light rear end collision, and I just don't feel like I need to take that risk. Second purpose is it will allow me to shape the rollbar to more of a kaido racer styled one, rather than what's available to miatas in general now. In addition the roll bar now doesn't really do much as I don't drive the car hard to where I have any fear of rolling the car over. Will paint it green as well as paint the back of the green fabric trd style seat I have to match. This look should be pretty killer in my mind, but we will have to wait and see. Also I have a NUE type two spoiler to go on the car and the slit spoiler to paint still. Will change up the numbers on the car as well as the RDB Racing Family banner to a different style that will suit the overall look more. Also sometime this year might try carbs again (summer time?). I bought a carb kit that Garret Ogle had for sale for quite sometime and have it sitting here, but haven't tried again since the first time I destroyed my engine haha. Well anyways here's some photos below of the roadster that I am sure people have seen before, but here they are regardless:

Quick corolla update as well. Have almost everything here to do levin front end swap. Also waiting on coilovers to arrive and some other odds and ends to get the car low on some 13" mk3 with levin front. Should look really good! Pretty stoked as a corolla has been my dream car for a long time, well before I ever bought the roadster. Drove the car around this last weekend and I love and hate it right now. Love it because well it's a corolla how could I not? But also hate because this SOHC 4ac makes me wanna scream. Hopefully going this weekend to pick up a 4age out of a FWD Corolla. Will start piecing parts together to make that swap happen in the next few months hopefully. Even with comparable power to my 1.6 roadster the corolla would be a ton of fun to drive I think.

Thanks for reading, maybe will try and update this a little more when corolla parts come in!

201 - 220 of 256 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.