ClubRoadster.net banner

221 - 239 of 239 Posts

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2,010 Posts
If you could read, which I guess possibly not, that is for roadster not corolla. You read the PVC roll bar right though, which I explained above. Also please don't talk about fake parts when you purchase from Carbon Miata.
Sounds like someone is butt hurt. Sorry I don't want to spend big money on parts that are 1. an original item based on a concept car, 2. an item that went onto a hardtop that was an aftermarket item already. This is beside the fact I have real Bride seats and real Work wheels. I put money into functional pieces, for pure form I don't care, so go ahead and climb off your high horse.

The thing that bothers me is your going to hobble together a part that mimics a functional piece but actually does nothing. In my opinion (yes, I acknowledge it's an opinion) you're going all the way to the endzone with high quality real parts to just drop the ball with a fake rollbar. I think either you should get a real rollbar made that will fit in the car properly or don't do have one at all. If you think me saying SMH is bad, you know other people are going to tear into you a lot worse.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
Sounds like someone is butt hurt. Sorry I don't want to spend big money on parts that are 1. an original item based on a concept car, 2. an item that went onto a hardtop that was an aftermarket item already. This is beside the fact I have real Bride seats and real Work wheels. I put money into functional pieces, for pure form I don't care, so go ahead and climb off your high horse.

The thing that bothers me is your going to hobble together a part that mimics a functional piece but actually does nothing. In my opinion (yes, I acknowledge it's an opinion) you're going all the way to the endzone with high quality real parts to just drop the ball with a fake rollbar. I think either you should get a real rollbar made that will fit in the car properly or don't do have one at all. If you think me saying SMH is bad, you know other people are going to tear into you a lot worse.
Let me guess, you are the typical roadster owner that says things like "function over form", or "I will only modify my roadster in ways that won't detract from the pure driving machine that it is". Here's a newsflash for you or anyone reading this for that matter, cars believe it or not can be modified in ways that "detract" from overall "performance" as you like to call it.

If it bothers you really that much that this part won't be functional, then boy do I have some bad news for you, the whole rest of the car isn't functional as you would like it. It's way too low for you and has way too stiff of suspension to go to auto x, or track days, or do whatever people like you "think" cars should only be doing. It's styled in the same way kaido racers are, which are not meant to be "functional" at all, just look really cool. In fact this roll bar is much more correct for the look I am going for because a lot of kaido racers either have metal ones made that don't do anything or use PVC to make the rollbar from scratch. There is nothing wrong with that either, my car and a lot of those cars don't need extra protection or rigidity in the car because the purpose of them isn't to do racing or hard driving by any means, more cruising than anything.

Also let's put our logical thinking caps on, so what if the roll bar does nothing? The car doesn't need one in the way I drive it anyways. I don't drive it hard or do track days or in any way that would really warrant a rollbar currently. Let's say I did want to do those things in this car though. Hmmmmmm what could I do? Hmmmmm maybe, I don't know, reinstall the current rollbar I have and also maybe get some different softer springs for my suspension and raise it up a bit with some different wheels and tires with better sizing for that stuff? Man, wow, that would be difficult wouldn't it. Oh wait, I forgot, that's the great thing about cars you can do that stuff to them if you want.

Also, yah, I get super annoyed with people who comment and have attitudes like yours when it comes to cars. You can like many different types of cars, kaido racers, time attack, drift, drag, low riders, or whatever genre you are into. Cars aren't just meant to be driven hard, at auto x, or be purely functional race cars.

I also find it funny you come in here and leave some snide remark and then act as if I am not going to say anything back to you. Normally I wouldn't because quite frankly your opinion (yes, an opinion like you put in parenthesis) isn't really worth much to me when it comes to anything related to my roadster. But since I find your typical way of thinking about cars really stupid, I figured why not.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
a lot of hard work and good vision has been put into this car, probably the coolest na6 around. the concern revolving around a functional rollbar is dead silly on a car like this. im excited to see levin front and suspension on the corolla. is there any decision for aero on it?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2,010 Posts
Ok, so for your long comment, here's a short response for you. I think you kind of missed the point that my original comment was part praise/part disappointment. I get the point that you're going for a look moreso than a functional setup, but why would you go through the trouble of getting legit JDM non-knockoff parts, but then put in a BS not real roll bar in? I get that in Japan that is a thing, but anyone stateside who sees that in person is then going to assume your a fuckboi with fake ass parts.

My point was don't let people think you're a fuckboi because of one bad mod.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
a lot of hard work and good vision has been put into this car, probably the coolest na6 around. the concern revolving around a functional rollbar is dead silly on a car like this. im excited to see levin front and suspension on the corolla. is there any decision for aero on it?
:icon_cheers:

I have a goodline hood as well as a stockish looking zenki front bumper for it, but with the front hole a little bigger and an integrated lip it looks like. Will be doing metallic silver front bumper and jdm zenki rear bumper in same silver. Rest of the car will stay white for now, will probably purchase TBO bumper and hood later on in the year as well. Also have a Winds Auto kouki front bumper for it (same as Guntama R corollas), but I am not sure how that will look on coupe compared to hatch like normally seen. Only one way to find out!

Ok, so for your long comment, here's a short response for you. I think you kind of missed the point that my original comment was part praise/part disappointment. I get the point that you're going for a look moreso than a functional setup, but why would you go through the trouble of getting legit JDM non-knockoff parts, but then put in a BS not real roll bar in? I get that in Japan that is a thing, but anyone stateside who sees that in person is then going to assume your a fuckboi with fake ass parts.

My point was don't let people think you're a fuckboi because of one bad mod.
It's not a bad mod though and actually makes more sense to do than leave the current metal one in there for the style I am aiming for. That look requires a higher commitment to it then just doing what most people stateside do when trying to make kaido racers, which normally results in getting all the details wrong here. I don't HAVE to do one, but I think it will add that much more to the overall look of the car. I could make a metal one in the same exact style I am going to do, but wouldn't make sense as it would put my head in a bad spot with the seat I want to use. I am not gunna risk getting rear ended and bashing my skull in on a metal roll bar. PVC in that situation would be much safer and will be fine looking. I would be more of a "fuckboi" if I styled my car or did things to it based on how I thought people would perceive it. If we are being honest over 99% of peoples opinions here on cars, especially the style im going for, are useless as they have zero clue.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
99% of opinions on cars and anything else aesthetically oriented will always be useless. Very few folks have any sense of style. Less folks still have taste or style across multiple topics.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #230 (Edited)
Been awhile like normal, not much has changed with the roadster. Finally fitted the Kanspo sidesteps I got in November. Had to do a little trimming do to the flares, probably could have trimmed the flares instead since I can buy them new if something went wrong, but overall I like the look of the sidestep cut. There is a decent gap to the body now because of the trimming, but I think it won't really be noticeable once they are painted black. Like I have talked about in previous posts wanna do a few things to the car this year. Mainly wanna change up the banner to a different style, change numbers on door, add a couple of stickers here and there, then also have the exhaust redone to twin 1.5" pipes out the rear on the left side. Who knows when any of that will get done. Also want to paint the centers of the mk2 black, hopefully can do this stuff soonish.

In corolla news I finally have the car somewhat "together" and by that I mean it has the levin front and is lowered on mk2. Still needs paint, plan on painting the fenders and hood white and doing the bumpers in silver. Also need to take the rear bump stops out and roll the rear fenders, there is some decent rake going on there hahahah.

I guess the bigger car news for me is that I purchased an 82 Celica Supra L Type a few months back towards the beginning of March. Car is out in California at a good friends house for now. Not sure what I am planning to do with it as far as bringing it back to Kentucky maybe. For now it will stay out there as my friends are also building some old cars that it makes more sense for the car to be out there to cruise with them. Although it does suck not being able to drive it whenever, but overall super happy with how it came out.

Quick background on the car. It had been sitting for about 15+ after the engine died on the original owner (I think he and his son raced it maybe, although not sure what type of racing). Well fast forward to 2019 and it was on offerup for about $900 USD with a bad engine, which is an absolute steal for an L type in the US (I think at least). My friend Phil who has the car now at his house, called the seller up and was able to go pick it up the following weekend. I will make a longer post tomorrow maybe with pictures of how it looked when it was picked up, but for now here are some photos of how it currently sits below. Basically goal for the car was to get it running and ready for golden week kyusha festival in the bay area in early May. Thankfully friends were able to get it running and complete by the time I was able to fly out, minus a few things that had to be addressed to get the engine running good, and some small details like mirrors and other small maintenance. Also thankfully we had another friend fly in for the weekend and address the engine issues and we were good for the drive up to SF. Like I said will probably make a separate post about that weekend later on here. Anywho pics below.

Have more plans for that car as well within the next year. Want to do some different wheels (formula mesh most likely), sidestep, slit spoiler, airone gate, and exhaust as currently its just a header to a straight pipe. The 5M that is in it sounds really really really good for what it is and should sound perfect with twin pipes for the time being. In the farther future wanna swap in a 1g with fujitsubo/trust/mizuno works header, lightened flywheel, and twin pipe exhaust. For now though just plan on making it look as cool as it can in my eyes. Finally nice to have an actual base car for a kaido racer rather than just the roadster. Well in fact I have two actual base cars that I always tried to make the roadster kind of resemble, well at least in style anyways.

Also went to Final Bout Gallery a couple of weekends ago and met forum member Grumbles! Nice to meet you man and your friends. I think one is on here as well, but I'm not sure of your forum name but it was nice to meet! Thanks for saying hi. Hopefully see you again next year!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Also went to Final Bout Gallery a couple of weekends ago and met forum member Grumbles! Nice to meet you man and your friends.
:icon_cheers:

i really dig the kanspo sides. corolla and celica look sick. the celica sounds really good based off of what i saw on instagram

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
Nothing new here like normal. Painted Kanspo side steps and the centers on the Mk2 black. Took the numbers off, going to do different ones in the next few weeks and am going to redo the exhaust to come out the left side and probably just be twin 1.25" pipes from midpipe back with no muffler. Some pics:

Had the formula mesh on while painting the wheels. **** I love how low it is, but it's not really able to drive at this height. Sub frame and frame rails are literally in the ground. So it just sat like this in the driveway while I painted. Would have to raise the front like a half inch or maybe an inch to be able to drive. Some other time!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
How the car sits now. Put normal 175/60/13 tires onto Formula Mesh and added zekken (door number) to the side. The vinyl numbers themselves came from a small accessories shop in Japan when I was there with Jolieoooo last year. They seemed to be pretty old when I bought them and have been wanting to use them for a long time now. Some pictures are below, need to fix how the Dcuatro is fitting on the front, it's frustrating how it droops, but I have been lazy and putting off fixing it. Actually almost ended up trading the car for a FB rx7. In the end though, I couldn't see myself not owning it since I have now had the car for over 6 years. Some day I will build an rx7 like I have wanted to, but it won't be any time soon.

Pics below:

KyIce09.jpg
L7f3h5W.jpg
gs5pl0F.jpg
1uq7wOe.jpg

·
Mufasa in Training
32,320 Posts
If I might ask: whereabouts in the Commonwealth are you from? I lived in NKY for a few years.

221 - 239 of 239 Posts