ClubRoadster.net banner

n00b post on corksport/catalytic converter

1K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  lookitsvee 
#1 ·
dont bash on me im a forum/car n000000b:cry:. so i bought a corksport catback exhaust couple days back, and when i looked under my car.. i realized my cat is welded to my stock exhaust.. my questions are:

1. can i use another bolt on stock miata cat and fit my corksport on that? i dont want to weld anything.. just bolt on everything.

2. will the holes of the stock miata cat and corksport exhaust line up?

3. will it pass emissions?

The first one on the grass is the corksport tip, the other 2 are my welded cat + stock exhaust

THANKS!

See less See more
#3 ·
yes, the corksport exhaust is made to fit oem systems, and that normally consists of a bolt in cat. So any cat made for the miata will be bolt in. I suggest checking out the metalcore cats from Enthuza. They sound great, look great, bump your performance, and cost the same as a normal magnaflow ceramic cat.

#6 ·
If it is not, it should be noted in the website. Just call them and ask. One guy runs the business and he's a good dude.

Not sure how strict cali is, but I've never had a problem. I believe they are just normal 200 cell metalcore cats. They have ceramic ones too for $50 bucks less if you wanna go the cheap route.

#7 ·
If it is not, it should be noted in the website. Just call them and ask. One guy runs the business and he's a good dude.

Not sure how strict cali is, but I've never had a problem. I believe they are just normal 200 cell metalcore cats
oh okay! and i had another question.. should i get a 2.25? or a 2.5 inch.. if my corksport is 2.5 inches, it'd make sense to get a 2.5 cat? or 2.25

#12 ·
Well, everyone has their own definition of " loud. " You just need to be gentle with the gas when going through side streets/main streets & etc. It is for sure really loud when your up in the higher RPMS though.

Quick tip: It does hang low if you do not know that already so just be careful.

#15 ·
yeah haha i knew that it hung low!

when i had a test pipe, headers and my corksport drift exhaust, it was loud as hell. it sounded fantastic, but suuuuper loud. when i was wet weather drifting around my neighborhood, within about 10 minutes there were 3 cops. and that happened twice... so i've since them sold the exhaust.
oh jeez :mrgreen: cant wait!

oh yessssss, it is loud! especially when the rest of the exhaust isn't oem too.
and the tip with, be gentle with the gas doesn't work. in low rpm (like 1500) it's pretty deep and loud, and in higher rpms it's just loud. the best is when you try to get your car run 2100rpm, there it is actually pretty quiet. ;)

i ran mine last weekend for about 2 hours oin german autobahn, and it was incredible. when it's realy warm it realy can set on alarms!!!
haha cant wait to slap it on!

#13 ·
when i had a test pipe, headers and my corksport drift exhaust, it was loud as hell. it sounded fantastic, but suuuuper loud. when i was wet weather drifting around my neighborhood, within about 10 minutes there were 3 cops. and that happened twice... so i've since them sold the exhaust.

#14 ·
oh yessssss, it is loud! especially when the rest of the exhaust isn't oem too.
and the tip with, be gentle with the gas doesn't work. in low rpm (like 1500) it's pretty deep and loud, and in higher rpms it's just loud. the best is when you try to get your car run 2100rpm, there it is actually pretty quiet. ;)

i ran mine last weekend for about 2 hours oin german autobahn, and it was incredible. when it's realy warm it realy can set on alarms!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.