ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have sportmax 962s 17x7 in front with a +40 offset, and 17x9 with a +35 in the rear. My ? is I want an aggressive flare or wide fender kit, I like the n2 flares and the awr kit, but I think the wheels arent going to fill up the flare.
Right now the front sits perfect with the fender and the back could use a roll. How much of a spacer would have to be used to fill up a n2 or awr kit? Just for some info the car will never be used as a solo or and kind of road racing, its not a daily driver, just a weekend car that will see some dragstrip time, but with a different set of wheels and tires. Id like to have a kit thats wider in the rear than in the front, but havent seen any, and ive seen most of the kits. And yes ive seen betrayeds flares their not big enough for me.

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
Fronts, no.
Rears, probably not.

Go with a better and lower offset wheels.
The played out 002s (15x8 0 offset) would work alright, but probably still be a bit sunken, thus not filling up the flares.
And just for reference, Chris (kickinoutyo) has N2 flares (I'm pretty sure you've seen his car) with Panasports, and the fronts (16x9 0 offset) are still slightly sunken, and the rears (16x10 0 offset) sit pretty nice.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Check out the scans I've posted before

It shows the front track as 1522mm and rear track as 1530mm. You can calculate backwards to see what kind of wheel/tire you need.

From my calculation, I think it's about 15X8 -15 front and rear.... running 195/55/15 like that C2 car is showing.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so i need to go with a smaller flare kit. Are there any arios widebody kits in america, that looks like a relatively small flare on it, and I would really rather do a full fender replacement, i just think it looks better than flares. Plus carbon fiber front and rear fenders would be awesome.

·
Supporting Member
612 Posts
I'd say whatever the flare width is for the spacer. I ran some of the sportmax 17x9 with +35 offset a while back on stock fenders rolled and they fit perfect with a slightly streched tire. Here's a fitment pic:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know i dont need flares, I already posted the wheels fit perfect now other than maybe rolled rear fenders. I want flares to give the car a more aggresive look, Id really like a mild widebody kit, But theres not many options other than flares on a miata.

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
I understand.
But flares are pointless in both the looks dept, and function when you don't need them.
If you're going to get them, why not get wheels/tires to fit them first?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh yeah I completely agree putting flares on a car that doesnt have wheels to compliment them is stupid. Thats why I want to put on spacers as needed to help fill up any extra gap. And I know, I know spacers are bad, will throw off the whole set up that mazda perfected blah blah.....Like i said early, the car is not driven very often and the mods im doing are to make the car look better because i dont like the way the car looks stock. It will be used as a weekend drag car but with a completely different wheel and tire setup.
So I dont like the smaller flares and big flares just arent going to work, other than arios kit is there any kits that will widen the car about and inch each side.

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
I have no problem with spacers if you already have wheels. Now....if you're buying wheels with the intention of putting spacers on b/c the offset is wrong....then you should keep shopping.....lol

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think im just going to rule out the n2s since I already have the wheels, Ill do some searching and see if i can find a arios kit, I know memoryfab sells them but im in va so try to find someone on this side of the country. I think ive heard that rspeed will import stuff, is that right?
And if anyone has pics of the arios kit please post!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yea i know, ive been saying im going to post them for ever but just havent yet. The car has been in the air for like 3 months, i just took it down yesterday and drove it a little so maybe ill get some soon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts