ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

As the title states, since I wasn't able to find a GV Lip for an NB1 and was to impatient for one to pop up on here I'd figure why not give an NA Gv Lip a try. I've done quite a bit of body modification and fabbing in the past so it shouldn't be to hard. I mocked it up quick and looks like itll work! It might not be to some of the members tastes on here but it could be an alternative to NB1 owners!

I'll post pics of any modding I have to do and final product when Its all mounted up!

·
Registered
241 Posts
interested....

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
a little update/teaser its not finished quite yet i need to do some cutting but I don't have the tools here at my college home lol. but I did notice that I did get some wrong info in that the width of an nb is only .10 of an inch wider the lip is about an inch short on both sides.

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Need better pics of where the sides/corners of the lip join to the bumper and if it looks out of place or if it blends well enough. I am tired of waiting for someone to come out with an affordable GV replica lip for the NB1 so I may just buy the $100 NA one and give this a go.

-Ryan

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll post pics when I'm done with the sides, there some trimming that needs to be done....stay tuned

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^ exactly what i was thinking. Spring break is next week and its going to be low to mid 60's perfect! Expect finished pictures next friday!!!
Thanks guys...just trying to find an alternative for our cars!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
im glad so many of you me it. I want it to be as close to perfect before I post any finished pics!!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well here are pics of what I cut

The lip is short and if you don't mind it it looks great otherwise the part I cut was the part where the end of the lip came to a point I cut that off to make it flat so it could sit flush on the bumper

1 - 20 of 31 Posts