ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Supporting Member
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been staring at my factory flat black painted NA meter hood and was I was wondering if/what options are out there to it?

Anyone know of any good alternatives to the NA OEM unit available?
Stuff that would fit the LHD roadster??

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
nothing that would fit a LHD car so far as I know, other than Axis Power racing's carbon version.

I've always wanted to cover mine in leather or vinyl.

·
Registered
465 Posts
ive been tryin to find that one carbon fiber hood with like 3 gauge pods on it. i remember seeing a picture of it somewhere on this forum i think, anyone remember or know who sells it?

·
Registered
518 Posts

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Good find denny. I can't decide whether I like the double stitched seam like Murakami or the single stitched seam like Auger. Both look good. Auger don't say where they're located (no e-mail, no street address, just a phone number, probably in USA somewhere) but they're much cheaper than Murakami. The vinyl they use is superior to leather from a durability standpoint (just look at the leather dash in any late-model Ferrari or Lotus Esprit after a few years in exposure to the sun) but I would miss the lovely smell of real leather. Has anybody purchased a hood cover from Auger themselves? Impressions?

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Cool thing about "ultraleather" is that they also have "ultrasuede" aka alcantara. Although not quite as cool as real rally car style flocking, a black suede meter hood would reduce reflections onto the windshield.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
The Auger phone number is an Orange County phone number. Definitely a good find, I may want one myself.

I will call them to see if I can check out their showroom (if they have one) and see the units in person before I buy. I'm looking at black w/ tan stitching.

So if anyone has some questions or anything in particular for me to look at, let me know...

All you fools in LA that go to KINOD meets, I can pick one up for you guys too. Just might be another few weeks (Nov) before I can get to another meet though...

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts

·
Supporting Member
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Seems like there are a few options for LHD meter moods after all!

That Auger vinyl cover looks cool. If anyone has installed one or has pics I'd be interested any opinions on it.

I have not seen the axis power one. Does anyone have a link to their site/pic of the CF
meter hood? I've tried to look at their site, and see a lot of subaru, and only a single CF rear panel piece for the NA roadster...

1 - 20 of 86 Posts