ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im doing the wiring on my hazard switch and climate controls. The climate control is giving me problems however.

I have gotten the 3(big) bottom wires spliced. But the 5 small pins are getting me a little confused. On m.net "GST" had a writeup were he drew the connector and labled the pins. However on MX5atlanta a guy had true documented illustration with pin numbers. Well the official illustrated ones show the starting number one pin being in this order. (1.2-CLIP-3.4.5) were the one drawn is as follows (1.2.3-CLIP-4.5) . So both wrietups condradict eachother completely, so trying to go between the 2 is confusing the **** out of me.

Here are pics of what im talking about.

The drawn one saiys to splice the corresponding wires:
A: Being the body harness connecting to the car, and B: being the portion that plugs into the nb climate control.
A-P1 -- AC3 & B-P4 (fan speed 1)
A-P2 -- B-P5 (fan speed 2)
A-P3 -- AC1
A-P4 -- diode* (inline) to AC2
A-P5 -- B-P3

A-S1 -- B-S2 (fan speed 3)
A-S2 -- B-S3 (fan speed 4)
A-S3 -- B-S1 (ground)

L1 -- B-P1
L2 -- B-P2

Now the illustrated one just has the edited pic with numbers as to what leads they should be spliced to yet doesnt use pin one or two. Were as the other one had.

So obviously the way the corresponding splices are said to splice are going to be ass backwards between the two. Maybe im just not seeing something straight. So if anyone could aid me please, maybe another writeup I havenet found. I would greatly appreciate the help...

·
Registered
370 Posts
So are you trying to put an NB climate control into an NA? I missed the part where you said exactly what your goal is. If I did interpret that correctly, I did it a while back, and it's pretty straight forward. Instead of trying to pull diagrams off the internet, track down the wiring diagrams for each car and compare. It's just a matter of splicing wires together. If you are still really lost, I'll see if I can find all the documentation I had from the swap when I get home.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Baron340;"If you are still really lost, I'll see if I can find all the documentation I had from the swap when I get home. "
Please do! I am doing the same thing so that I can have my 3 gauges right below the vents on my '92. Thanks!

·
Registered
370 Posts
That second link covers everything I've got too. I installed mine differently though, I put it in the stock location and put in a blanking plate where the stereo was. I've now got 3 black VDO gauges in there and a few switches as well.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The first thread is the one I was refering to, but the way he has the pins labled is completely backwards of what they really are. So i had guessed the way he wired them up was using the pins he had them labled, I just didnt like that.

The second link is great, that should get it done, one thing I was confused about is about using the diode as the other writeups said to use. "the conventional way was to send the diode signal, but now you can use the terminal at where red arrow is" so given the but, i take it you just put the pin into the emptyslot and its taken care of?

Also, why not use the defroster switch for the headlight pop-up switch?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Then what do you do with the headlight pop up switch? I have thought about using the AC button to force the AC fan whenever I want to since I deleted the rest of the AC components. As a side note, I didn't install any diode, I also missed that part in those two threads, so I can't comment beyond that. But I also did zero research before doing the swap, I just printed both circuit diagrams and pinouts off of alldata and bolted it all up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts