ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys was trying to be a drift king today and ended up bending my wheel, and my control arms. So my question is can a NB uper and lower control arm fit in a NA, I did some research but the info was a little vague, it says that I can but is it a direct swap or do I have to mod anything. Reason I wana use NB arms is because a local junk yard has them available so I won't have to wait for shipping if I was to ordered online.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Edit: I'm wrong.

The arms are the same, the hubs and front subframes are different. Which is where I got mixed up. Sorry. It looks like the front upper ball joint might need shimming.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I'll have to order some from planet miata then, the junk yards out here suck:evil: they don't have any Miatas SoCal guys are so lucky:cry2:

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
From what I gather it is because the ball joint is longer when the castle nut is tightened it's not torqued down. Some shimming with washers is needed, however I just read that in a random post. I have not seen this prOblem first hand. It should be noted the upper ball joints are not serviceable. They were not made to be replaced, they are part of the arm. I have read of people servicing them, but it is through some ingenuity. Mazda wouldn't swap them, they would install a new arm.

Sway bar end link mounting points are different too. I think you would need to use the NB ones on the NB arm, but then I am uncertain if having one side NA and one side NB would work with respect to sway bar position.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks or the help guys I feel that my best option well be to purchase from one of the vendors here to avoid any problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts