ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
CR.net Old Geezer
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ben and I went out to take a few pics tonight. This is the first shoot with my new wheels/tires, and suspension after the wreck I had just a month ago(see pic below). Ben also has a new exhaust on his car, which he made from scrap piping and a flowmaster muffler that was free.

enjoy.

-Brad(NB) H&R Race Springs, Custom exhaust, FlyinMiata Happy Meal clutch/flywheel, Hylux 10K HID's, Kosei K1's 15x7 33et, 205/55/15 Falken Azenis, Voodoo Knob, DIY intake.

- Ben(NA)unknown lowering springs from my NA, custom center exit flowmaster exhaust, diy intake, 17*timing, BBS wheels 15x6.5 ~40et(roughly), Borrowing my GV lip until further notice, Yellow headlights, Skunk2 knob, Exedy clutch, fidanza flywheel, diy towhook, OMP seat, rollbar.

Wreck a month ago. Someone hit me! :evil:

Photoshoot tonight after 3 weeks of surgery.

Ben making his exhaust:

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Pictures look great, where is that?

Ben, make me a turbo center exhaust :mrgreen:

·
CR.net Supporter
301 Posts
center exhaust looks cool, but being crooked doesn't.

also, why the huge tow hook?

·
Registered
271 Posts
damn man...pics are great!!

new wheels look great too!!

brad...ill call you 2morrow after the autoX...

nick...i saw a pic of yer car @ the project auto meet...everything looks great man

ben...i love you

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Yah, the exhaust hmm...

The shot where it's first laying on the ground is the first rendition, and it sat pretty much perfectly straight. But. It was REALLY loud, and honestly, sounded like sh*t. So then I added like a 28" glasspack. Then I hit some bigass potholes while doing delivery....and it started to scrape and whatnot. So now I redid it...again. Now it sits higher and straight, but more to the left. Oh well, at least now it sounds a whole lot better.

The whole thing cost me zero dollars, and I had fun making it. I will be making a completely new exhaust soon, this time with some nicer tubing, not just junk laying around the shop.

And the towhook isn't any larger than one you'd buy from a manufacturer. A Benen hook, for example, is probably larger than the one on my car...which, coincidentally, cost me zero dollars, as well. I love making my own sh*t :)

·
CR.net Supporter
301 Posts
What's the point of having a towhook though?

·
CR.net Supporter
301 Posts

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts
also, why the huge tow hook?
You really should make up your mind about the size

Nice looking cars, i'm not to keen on that exhaust though

What's the point of having a towhook though?
My mom told me that tow hooks are used for towing cars, can anyone confirm :?:
No tow truck driver in his right mind would use that little bitty hook to tow your car home.
No definitely not since they would have no control over the car, unlike a say a flatbed like most companies use? I don't think you're comprehending things to well

·
CR.net Supporter
301 Posts
OK, so it's not actually used for towing the car, but just for pulling it up onto a flatbed? I can say from personal experience that if you need/want a flatbed, you have to specially ask for it when you're calling the tow company, otherwise they'll usually send a normal tow truck, which has the 'cradle' type arms that slide under the wheel/tires and lift .. I don't see how that tow hook would help... but if someone feels it necessary to have a huge red protrusion from the front of their car ... that's up to them I guess.

I say "huge" in describing the way it looks because it's rather obtrusive looking, and really destroys (in my opinion) the clean look of the front of a Miata.

I say "tiny" in describing it's functionality as a "tow hook".. but that was before I understood that it's really just a 'pull' hook.. for pulling the car onto a flatbed.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
OK, so it's not actually used for towing the car, but just for pulling it up onto a flatbed? I can say from personal experience that if you need/want a flatbed, you have to specially ask for it when you're calling the tow company, otherwise they'll usually send a normal tow truck, which has the 'cradle' type arms that slide under the wheel/tires and lift .. I don't see how that tow hook would help... but if someone feels it necessary to have a huge red protrusion from the front of their car ... that's up to them I guess.

I say "huge" in describing the way it looks because it's rather obtrusive looking, and really destroys (in my opinion) the clean look of the front of a Miata.

I say "tiny" in describing it's functionality as a "tow hook".. but that was before I understood that it's really just a 'pull' hook.. for pulling the car onto a flatbed.
If you ever have to pull a car with just a tow strap....like if you don't feel like paying for a towtruck, or you're at an event somewhere, this kind of towhook makes things a lot easier.

·
CR.net Supporter
242 Posts
OK...the towhook issue seems to leave the unititated perplexed. If you run SCCA events, it is required that you have an obvious tow point availabe if they need to move your car off the point of racing. Granted, most of the Mitata folks may never need hooks, but it is a "universal" point of towing if you race club events, etc.

·
Registered
600 Posts
you can use the tow hook to tow small trailers like a motorcycle trailer.... i think its worth getting

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts

And I can say from personal experience that you don't, they sent me one w/o having to ask for my Civic in Torrance and my friends Civic in Corona, though they wanted to charge him $50 because he was lowered. How it would help was told to you by JDMAflac. I personally like the huge red protrusion, I hear it impresses all the women folk

1 - 20 of 37 Posts