ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have been lookin for a miata for like a month now and i have seen some really good deals on na's but they are always gone when i inquire about them, but i have also been lookin at some nb's at some dealerships around town... which leads me to my ?! should i just wait and get an na and have money to possibly put coilovers on it or should i go ahead and buy one of the many really clean nb's i have been lookin at and not have any money left?

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
both great cars, just depends what your looking for..
90-93, cheaper, cheap boost options,
94-97, have better lsd if it comes with it, bigger engine, more braces
99-, more bracing, more power, more money

People can debate what looks better, just weigh the benefits of each

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Best description I've heard:

The NB is a better car. More refined, better ergonomics, more power, better bracing, better top, etc.

The NA is a better Miata.

I've had both and I prefer the NA. It's a more pure sports car. It's the simplicity of it and the fact that it isn't perfect that makes it a better roadster. It was inspired by the British roadsters of the 60s and they were far from perfect. In fact, the NA is luxurious in comparison and it is much more reliable.

The NB is a great car but I think the NA is a true roadster. Besides, barn doors rule!

·
Registered
517 Posts
better ergonomics
WTF? My seats suck.

If you are the kind of guy that likes to drive like your hair is on fire, get an NA. With an NB you will be constantly worried about stuffing your expensive car.

NAs feel a bit more spacious in the inside, but both cars are tight. Try before you buy.

Between the body differences, the bracing and the motors they really are nearly the same car.

Once you go from Toyota to Mazda you will never look back. What kind of MR2 did/do you have?

·
Registered
203 Posts
There were Miatas made after the NA?? I thought NA's were the only real ones....

:D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i had a 1991 n/a mr2 - i had it for like 2.5 years and sold it to get a 240sx cause i love to drift...well i hate the 240 - it could be just because i bought the first one i went to look at.. but the driver feel and response blows... anyway i havent gotten to drive an na yet and im goin to test drive a 6 speed nb tommorow

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
When both of my cars where stock. The NB always felt more stable and a more responsive car. Handling IMO was better as well.

·
CR.net Supporter
228 Posts
NA , They are cheaper to buy which will leave you more money to modify it.

Remember it is not your's until you modify it :)

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I'd personally go for a 94' with all I know now:

larger engine
bigger brakes
7" rear (availble torsen lsd)
ODB-I
7-spoke OEM wheels

·
Registered
718 Posts
NA with manual windows FTW.

get an NB if you really care about NVH, NA for the pure experience. I just drove mine (NA) down highland valley road, through mesa grande, and up palomar mountain and I must say the experience is more rewarding in that car than in anything else I've driven through there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts