ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really love the look of the R package rear wing but can't seem to find it anywhere except from REV9 where it is $299.99! Anybody know where I can find this wing a little cheaper or used? Thanks in advance for your help! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'd really like to find an OEM one like Road Pirate's old one:

If anybody knows where to find one.. I hear the dealerships have been out of them for a few years. Thanks!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Would love to find one too.

Quick question for you guys: I have a 1993 Canadian LE, and it came with an OEM spoiler. If I take that spoiler off, will the holes fit the ones for the R-spoiler?

Pic related:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Just gotta watch FS threads like a hawk...stay on it and you'll eventually find one, that's how I got my R Package Lips. Craigslist ad for a partout, weren't listed but I saw them on the car in the pics and jumped on it.

If you check craigslist in your area all the time for miata in /pts you'll eventually get it. You could try statewidelist or something to search the whole state too.

·
Registered
760 Posts
this looks like a replica
How can you tell from that pic ? i mean, it's just a little lip ontop of the trunk, and th pic isn't good angle or quali to tell that. and btw: i got both right infront of my house, the moss motors rep and the original, and i can't even tell whats the rep when i stand right beside it. they look exactly similar. ok, the moss one wasn't realy p'n'p, it needed some prep, but that was just to make sure it sits flush on the trunk. other than that it looks similar.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
When compared, the oem is sharper with a slightly different profile. Also the oem is less than half the weight. I think they both look great.

·
Registered
760 Posts
yeah, but even a not perfectly monted OEM one can look like this. i had a trunk with one on mine, and it was mounted from the preowner. it looked like the pic above but was aoem one for sure, because it came off a r-package. but like i said, it was mounted very pure and when you were looking from the side, there was a visible gap between the trunk and the wing. thats why i sold it a bought a trunk with rod millen wing.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Keep an eye on your local Miata parts yards. Spoilers do come in mounted.

Bear in mind, you'll probably have to buy the trunk lid to get it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Wow.. thanks for all of the replies! I will definitely keep an eye out for one in a part out or on CL. I'm just getting into the Miata scene so it's good to see there are helpful people on these forums!

BTW.. harley your car looks sick! Very similar to the look I'm going for. I picked up my Hard Dog Hard Core M1 double diagonal roll bar last night and should be installing it within the next week or so. I also have the hard top but my car is mariner blue.. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts