ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I'm new to the Miata scene, I had my (new to me) 96 on the lift today and was checking a few things out. The brakes don't feel as good as I'd like, so I took a look at the rear brakes first. Here's what I saw through the wheel...

The pads look fine, but I wanted to ask if the braking surface on the rear rotors looks normal to those of you with more experience.

I know these rotors have probably been on the car for a while, but it appears (to me at least) that there's an outer band on the rotor (and possibly some nearer to the center) that's not coming in contact when the brakes are applied. I saw a similar pattern on an older VW I had and it turned out to be a caliper problem that made the pads wear funny.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Get some new rotors, seriously. Mine were like that when I bought the car and they cracked in half when I removed them.

·
Registered
930 Posts
why is he buying new rotors now. cause of the rust? take a wheel brush to them and get some bbq black paint to paint the rotor hats.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
GREASE!!!!

Grease all your sliders, should be done at least yearly, gives you a chance to look everything over while you're in there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts