ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright been digging with no luck.

Anybody know where to get just the 'bracket' piece to an aftermarket side mirror mount? similar to the carbon fiber extensions that are sold on the sponsors sites. I just need the base adapter piece.. 2 of them... So i can mount this! :phillyb:

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Are those Miata specific?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are those Miata specific?

no :) i found a site that has a redonkulous list of Carbon side mirrors. not sure if it was ok to post it here though since they are not a sponsor...:eek:

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
I don't think that's what he's looking for...

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Those mirrors are on a ball mount. The only miata mirror I have seen with that mounting would be those limited run ones that tetsuya garage ran a while ago. The apr style carbon mounts will not work.

You could probably just make an oval mount and bolt that mount to the oval mount with the correct bolt holes for the door.

Otherwise I think you're only option here is having something machined.

Can you post the link? I'm pretty sure it's fine by the rules, unless you work for them. I mean they aren't even miata specific.

·
Candy ass miata man
3,655 Posts
You wont find an adapter from those to your current, if I were you I would just do what you can, put one screw in (it most likely has 2 holes on mirror) and you can just redrill the 2nd hole. Then either do a legit job of shaving the other holes if they are showing or be like me and just put a screw in it to plug up hole.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Could also remove the stock mirrors, fill the hole, then bolt on those mirrors.

Those mirrors would be sexy pillar or quarter window mounted. Think lotus Elise or testarossa style.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let's do this. (ALOT OF STYLES)

http://www.moto-works.jp/products/rr_mirrors.html

From the site as you can see they provide the base in different gaps... I think the dimensions are literally identical on how these below mount. I figured if anything I can just latch it onto the adapter like below

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Mount mirror to mirror blanking plug, screw blanking plug into holes on car.
This might work if you screw he blanking plate on, the. Screws the mirror into the blanking plate AND door. Otherwise, the you're going to have a gap on the back o the blankin plate from the nut used to secure the mirror.

Try to get someone like Garagestar to machine some thicker "blanking plates." thick enough that you could tap your own holes to mount any mirror to.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Lol. Why didn't you just get my Craftsqaures? Save almost 200 and have it be direct bolt on?

·
Registered
191 Posts
This might work if you screw he blanking plate on, the. Screws the mirror into the blanking plate AND door. Otherwise, the you're going to have a gap on the back o the blankin plate from the nut used to secure the mirror.

Try to get someone like Garagestar to machine some thicker "blanking plates." thick enough that you could tap your own holes to mount any mirror to.
Yeah, I was thinking about either tapping the plate or countersinking a screw coming from the plate and into the mirror base. :shrug: Like I said, I have a pair on order just to futz around with, curious myself if I will be able to do something with them. We will see...

whitebeau: Try contacting Jeff at Slick Auto, I think they make those bases for the APR mirrors maybe he can hook you up with something to fit yours?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol. Why didn't you just get my Craftsqaures? Save almost 200 and have it be direct bolt on?
I reallllly wanted the Garage 502 style mirrors :mrgreen:

Pics when i get em mounted :domo:

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
whitebeau: Try contacting Jeff at Slick Auto, I think they make those bases for the APR mirrors maybe he can hook you up with something to fit yours?

...... ..... .. . I shoulda thought of that :blaugh: Keep forgetting the Roadster community is cool like this.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Yeah, the Magic racing replica ones look pretty nice too.

The "c" base plate looks like it might work. Git 'er done!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts