ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought my mx5 during last winter (cold weather = cheap convertibles).
I is a 98 1.6 with absolutely NO extras other then power windows.
This i love, as it gives it a hella wicked personality.

it has NB wheels, Mazda speed Roll Bar, an exhaust that resembles a downpipe and a "fully sick JDM body kit yo"
not the biggest fan of the kit, but i've ordered coil overs so i am sure the snow plough will soon be ripped off by a gutter in no time at all.

·
Mr December yo
2,423 Posts
Hahaha I lol'd at that windscreen sticker too! I didn't know there was such thing as a 98' NA :S Do you mean 89' by any chance? lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bahah yeah, my bad 89.
yeah, I have a mate who has a vinyl sticker cutter.
so, quite a lot of fun is had by all

·
Mr December yo
2,423 Posts
I can see why you didnt put that photo on your first post hahahahaa

And I might discuss this 'i have a mate who has a vinyl cutter' business later ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome. There a few of us Aussies on here, Check out "Charlie 91" build in the projects sub for some home town inspiration.

BTW...The ghey bar and the skirts need to go

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes, i do agree. i'm keeping the bar on until i mash it up enough to remove it.
coilovers are on their way, so it will not be long until either a speed bump or a 'rainy day's drive' will send the kit on it's way.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Welcome to CR. Btw: the kit is an ebay/yahoo auction body kit. I've seen one other guy rock it and make it look clean, but it took some work and a pretty paint job. Good luck to ya which ever way you decide to build your car

·
Mr December yo
2,423 Posts
Welcome! What part of Australia do you live? Used to live in Darwin a few years myself.....miss those houses on stilts!
NSW going by his plates

And why would you wanna live in Darwin :blaugh:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm Actually from Tamworth. yeah! google maps that crap!

"If I were you I'd just source two new front fenders and a new front bumper"
see, the problem is, I'm a uni student. All my money is spent on alcohol.

i think it only looks ridiculously crap because it is so high. I'm sorta keen to see how the kit looks when it is closer to the ground before i do anything.

orr..... maybe i just grab a heap of neon lights, get a huge woofer in my passenger seat and throw a dragon decal across the door and claim i am fast and furious!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice 89. Amazing how these cars hold up so strong for all those years of abuse. I have an 89 Camaro that's held together by paperclips...
yeah.... held up strong...
Man, mine is crap!
leaking oil, stretching belts and just general breaking.
i think the trick to it is driving them like they are a 20 year old car and not trash them... too bad i haven't learnt this trick yet!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts