ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got a 90 in the middle of a build and I'll be running a RacePak dash non-GPS/data logging and to get an accurate speedo reading I need an electronic signal. A little earlier I saw a 99 cluster for sale locally and I have a 99 engine swapped in my car. I realize the harness are for sure different but I'm just trying to figure out if it would be easier to swap the cluster to get the electronic speedo signal for the RacePak or just find some kind of analog to digital signal converter woth the analog speedo cable. To be honest I'd rather swap clusters to get the electric signal becuse I used to have a 91 and the speedo cable made noises a lot when the needle bounced around and I dont wanna have to deal with keeping it lubed ect. Anyway, My current questions are:

1) Anyone done this? if so please list details.
2) Where does the digital signal off of 99+ read from the tranny or diff? (I'm running 3.636 gears)
3) anyone have a quick link to the dash wiring diagrams?

Thanks guys! Any help appreciated

·
Registered
363 Posts
The NB speed sensor sits right in the same plug where the NA speedometer cable is on the tranny, if I remember right? I don't see why you couldn't just put the NB sensor onto you NA directly.

All of that is relatively painless, I think the big roadblock you'd run into is getting a odometer working (if you need to for legal reasons), which I think is stored on the NB ecu?

·
Banned
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure im seeing the difficulty in getting the odometer working if I could get the Speedo working. The would work off the Speedo right? Or wrong? Gah, I wish there was a simple solution to this...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts