ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Debating whether or not to upgrade to an NB. Hoping you guys can help? I have a 1.8 93NA with a few nice mods but think I prefer the look of the NB. I havent driven an NB yet and obviously ill be driving one before making a decision but anyone hit me with +/- points on it?

·
Sponsor
1,391 Posts
from driving the na and nb.

the nb is more civilized feeling and a bit faster on accel. and has wicked cool modern styling.

but the na feels like a super fun sports car and feels faster than the NB without actually being faster. and has nostalgic roadster styling.

either is cool. both have great potential.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Those seats look weird!

Also: 1.6L NB, haw.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
I've been thinking about trading mine in for an NB as well. I probably won't, mainly because I like older cars and like the sense of connection that the driver typically feels in older vehicles, but it would still be nice to have all the provisions of a newer model.

I just need to get front shocks for mine, it handles like balls right now - hopefully that's all that needs to be done to take care of the ridiculous cornering shudder. Oh, and the stupid headlight bounce.

Plus, like ultimateforce said, I can't stand the NB's stock seats (although the ones from the car in the link don't look stock).

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
"The NB is a better car, the NA is a better Miata."
I've owned both and this hits the nail on the head. I prefer my NA and don't see myself going back to an NB. In fact, I think I'd own an NC before another NB.

The NB is a blast and a great car. The NA just has more soul. It's a more pure sports car. It simplicity and imperfections just make it more endearing to me.

·
Registered
274 Posts
"The NB is a better car, the NA is a better Miata."
I've owned both and this hits the nail on the head. I prefer my NA and don't see myself going back to an NB. In fact, I think I'd own an NC before another NB.

The NB is a blast and a great car. The NA just has more soul. It's a more pure sports car. It simplicity and imperfections just make it more endearing to me.
+1.

I drove an 01 quite a bit a few years ago, and although it's a nice luxuryish car, I've enjoyed both of the 91's i've owned tremendously more. It may be old as dirt, and definitely not in the best condition, but it's fun!

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
I own both and have the best of both worlds. I love certain things about each vehicle. I love the NA's tossibility, old school looks, and go cart feel. The NB is truly a work a great engineering IMO. I love the NB's rock solid driveability, handling, sturdier feel, steering response, sporty looks, great throttle response. I think the NB is a great car to have and keep relatively stock. I have been in modifed NB's and it gets to a point that takes away from the car IMO. The NA is a car that is great stock, but gets better after modifications.

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
I've been thinking about trading mine in for an NB as well. I probably won't, mainly because I like older cars and like the sense of connection that the driver typically feels in older vehicles, but it would still be nice to have all the provisions of a newer model.

I just need to get front shocks for mine, it handles like balls right now - hopefully that's all that needs to be done to take care of the ridiculous cornering shudder. Oh, and the stupid headlight bounce.

Plus, like ultimateforce said, I can't stand the NB's stock seats (although the ones from the car in the link don't look stock).
Thats not the stock drivers seat and yes the stock seats in the NB esp. the early 99-00 seats suck super ass.

I would jump all over the car, but not that 1.6L...lamo. reason enough to pass on the deal.

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
the seat in that car looks like a mazdaspeed seat

I like my NB. I drive it right after having my NA. The car feels beefier and more stuck to the road. As for the seats, i have not really noticed a difference.. and i have a 99 car.... hmmm. Then again, im 5'11 if that makes any difference.

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
Yeah I'm six one and they are one of the most uncomfortable seats I have sat in. I wish I would have yanked the stock recaros that came in my CRX.

I did the seat foam mod and at least I sit a little lower and can see under the top of the steering wheel but the side bolsters still suck. Not to mention that they are leather. yuck! slipping and slidding and sticky in the FL summer heat

·
Registered
514 Posts
...I did the seat foam mod and at least I sit a little lower and can see under the top of the steering wheel but the side bolsters still suck. Not to mention that they are leather. yuck! slipping and slidding and sticky in the FL summer heat
Yeah, i never understood the purpose of having leather seats. They are NEVER comfortable. They're too hot in the sumer so you burn yer legs. And then in the winter there are damned cold so ya freeze to death. And then... your sliding around on every turn, no matter what the temperature is... i just dont get it.
[/rant.]

-Jeremy

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
I like the leather seats in my '97. They hold me well enough to the point where I don't feel the need to upgrade to Bride or Sparco or Momo or whatever other seat company you can think of.

The lumbar support feels good, the bolster support feels good, I sit at the perfect height - I couldn't ask for any more.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts