ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 97 automatic and no after market parts. New spark plugs, wires, and coil pack but other than that its nothing to do with tinkering.

Just like someone had posted below, whenever Im in drive and put on the gas the rpms will hit anywhere from 4-6k before catching and being able to drive away. As im driving the rpms will dramatically rise then lower and repeat.

It bucks extremely accelerating from a stopping point and now its gotten so bad that it redlines and still not catch. Reverse is even worse. In drive or reverse I can let off the break and the car remains at a stand still.

It is my only car and I really need help solving this.

·
··
4,227 Posts
We try not to throw too many things out there to help but do the spark plugs have any oil on them? If so your valve seals are shot and practically drowning your plugs, then they don't fire and the car will buck/accelerate with hesitation. GL

·
Registered
139 Posts
i think you need one of these...

but seriously, it sounds like a tranny problem and it's probably gonna get worse before it gets better unfortunately.

·
Registered
62 Posts
if its revving and going no where the tranny is either slipping or not engaging. would start with draining the AT fluid and seeing if its burnt. new fluid might help for awhile but if its slipping its only a matter of time.

·
Supporting Member
2,284 Posts
You do NOT have an engine problem...you have a transmission problem. might be something as simple as the vacuum hose on the drivers side of the tranny that is near the exhaust ...or the modulator that it is attached to...about a $30 fix...or something more.

Get some professional help on this one...most of us shift our own...

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Sounds to me like your torque converter. Or possibly the entire transmission. But my money is on the former. Are there any obvious leaks under your car? If so, what color is the fluid?

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
You do NOT have an engine problem...you have a transmission problem. might be something as simple as the vacuum hose on the drivers side of the tranny that is near the exhaust ...or the modulator that it is attached to...about a $30 fix...or something more.

Get some professional help on this one...most of us shift our own...
+1.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts