ClubRoadster.net banner

(NA) White on ?

3K views 40 replies 15 participants last post by  NAautoxer 
#1 ·
Got a white 1990 and have been on the market for wheels lately. Ive narrowed it down to size and a few models I like. The main thing is I cant decide what color wheels I like. Deep down I really would like to powder coat a set of wheels some sort of a baby blue. But I might keep it classy with some gold wheels.

Throw Down Some Advice and pictures and help me out:D

#3 ·
#4 ·
I personally think white and baby blue would be hideous.

What shade of white is your car? I'm sure there's a more technical way to ask that but I'm not really versed in paint terminology. For example, my '95 is a white respray and I'd describe it as "creme white".

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/4W4K3/af9563d0.jpg

Compared to this kind of "super white"

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/4W4K3/IMG00089-20091123-1403.jpg

At any rate, my wheels are paint matched to my car. So that is what that particular scenario looks like if you are curious.

I think black wheels look good on a white car IF AND ONLY IF your car is lowered. If you are at stock ride height you can easily pull off polished/silver wheels or the bronze/gold look. Bronze/gold is almost bland these days though, and I feel like you need something else to really set off the color scheme.

#19 ·
Swan welcome. Not sure what's up with the "hate" on this thread. I think it's a valid question. Mysteryskittle's comment about mods to a Honda scooter made me LOL.

I have black wheels on my white Miata (see sig). I really like the look, other folks have said they like the combo too. Mine is a respray and it's pretty white, not cream at all. I've considered buying a lip spoiler and the Tougerun trunk spoiler and painting 'em black, I have our Moss raked shorty antenna which is black and I think that would be a cool look.

The only downside of black rims that I've found is that road grime and brake dust aren't exactly black. So my black rims quickly look like @ss after a wash. If they are dirty to me they look really grimey. And the tires get the same way, they aren't exactly black and the grime on them and the wheels makes the whole area more grimey looking. Maybe this is too detailed for most, but that's the only minor thing that bugs me about the combo. Mostly I love the look, I have a slight twinge against the grime. Maybe I need to wash the car more often. ;)

Cheers, I think it's a good post. Post pics when you decide!

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.