ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Brunettes > Blondes
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone looking to add a good soundsystem to their miata, I am very pleased with mine. I have a pioneer head unit with iPod hook up, 1000w amp mounted behind drivers seat, capacitor in trunk, and of course the 2 10" subs. The box is custom made for Na's. Only thing I need to get is the bar that is behind the seats on 94's-97's I think. I have pillows between the seat backs of my red le seats and the sub box.

For people interested in doing this to their Na, you should invest in dynamat or something that will reduce rattling, because there is metal under the rear deck carpet

·
Registered
36 Posts
im currently putting one 12'' sub in my NA. had to make a few adjustments to the box so it would fit better. im also putting my amp behind my seat. i might go behind the passenger seat though.

good luck hope urs works out well.

·
Brunettes > Blondes
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
good call here's some pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
648 Posts
what....??
what......??
I can't hear you.....?
just send me a txt........
XD

I had a buddy in college that owned a '98 Ranger, which included 6 (six) 12" Orion XTR subs in the extended cab. It actually hurt to listen to for any longer than about 15 minutes.

·
Registered
135 Posts
At least you don't lose any legroom or seat recline. I had two 10" subs actually behind the seats in my MR2 when I bought it. Had to put the seats real far forward and pretty much vertical. NO IDEA how the previous owner drove like that. Killed my back on the way home and uninstalled them immediately! On top of the bad placement, it was simply too much bass for such a small cabin.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
That ruins the sound stage I'm not into a **** load of bass I want a clean stereo that can turned up and still sound crisp and clean.

I also only let my subs get the low frequencies. But I have yet to add anything to the mistake.

Also that just asks to get broken into

·
Brunettes > Blondes
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haters gon' hate.......i heard subwoofers in the trunk of miata's sound like crap anyways

·
Registered
154 Posts
haters gon' hate.......i heard subwoofers in the trunk of miata's sound like crap anyways
They dont, I have a 12" kenwood excellon in my trunk and other than the soft top vibrating with the bass it sounds great, hits hard, and loud. i also have the amp in the trunk too with plenty of room to spare. long story short. PUT IT IN THE TRUNK.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts