ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to depower my power rack on my 1.6.

I am/was planing to do the loop method like FMing talks about and how Marty's running his. The problem comes into the FM picture show a 1.8 power rack and not a 1.6.

Anyone ever do the loop method on a 1.6 and if so how did you loop them. Pictures would be great.

Thanks

BTW don't say swap to a manal rack cause I want the ratio of a power rack for drifting thanks.

·
3,857 Posts
I personally don't think that it would be a great mode for drifting - where you need to rotate the steering wheel from one end to the other within seconds.

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
just saw the lines so you can loop hoses together, should loop a line at top and one at bottom, plus you need plugs for the two big holes. They can be purchased at spec miata websites

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have driven both. The reason for wanting to keep the power rack is cause of the ratio for drifting but steering feeling is 100% better, atleast to me and to some other also.

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
mines depowered I like it better, less weight, cleaner engine bay, better feel, really a no lose situation

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just saw the lines so you can loop hoses together, should loop a line at top and one at bottom, plus you need plugs for the two big holes. They can be purchased at spec miata websites
OK so you cut the two metal lines and looped them, and the just pluged the big lines coming from the pump(the ones that attach near the steering wheel input shaft)?

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
picture? i dont have a belt on mine and i've been meaning to depower it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here is the picture off FlyingMiata

The racks are different for a 1.6.

If you look at your rack there are two metal lines on the passager side and I believe those are the one slutz is talking about cutting and then you can see on the pic abover the line to bolt.

Slutz does need to post of pic for everyone... PLZ

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts

alright the green area is the same for the 1.6 I believe
the two blue areas are the plugs you need

The red area is the area that is a lil different, there are still 2 lines in that are that you can loop together. Youll need some clamps and fuel line to loop it. I cant take pics now, If anyone really needs them Ill post them later

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so we do have the green area. I figured that area was completely different cause I could not see that line. I will have to look harder.

Question, do you think I can use two bolt to plug blue areas or am I going to have to get a plug like FM used

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Ive driven a depowered hachi, not really drifted it at an event but did get a feel and I gotta say with a reasonably sized wheel a depowered miata should be just fine.

I depowered mine... I'll give you the official when I get my **** running someday lol

oh and my FC was manual steering and It was a handful but totally driftable

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
I depowered my 1.6's rack via FM's method. I love it. Best mod I've done to the car so far. Btw, 1.6 and 1.8 rack should be the same up until like....96, iirc.
Keith from FM has posted about it before on M.net.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts