ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so let me try to make sense of this to yall.. its been running fine then on the way home one night it started to misfire under 2k but would clear up, now its pretty much always missing on #2 (if i pull the plug boot or injector clip while its running, it runs the same so its narrowed down to that cylinder). it has 119k miles, checked the compression and spark all good. i cleaned the injectors, still same thing. i replaced the #2 injector and it would run fine then miss again just going back and forth and now its pretty much stuck at misfiring. i thought a bad ground maybe but i couldnt find anything but why is it only on one injector? ive pulled the fuel rail off 3 or 4 times now im sick of it, any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks ill check that out, its jumpered pin gnd and ten in the diagnostics box and its throwing code 18 which isnt listed in my hyanes manual or on the internet.. while those pins were jumped i checked the timing, when it was missing it would jump between 10* and 15* between flashes but when it stop missing it would read 12* (was recently set to 14* and i backed it down by ear when this problem came up.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Wires would have been my guess as its the same as what happened to me but you say you have spark on all 4. Check your relays as well

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
going to get a set of ngks now after i check my coil..i didnt get them when i changed my plugs 1k miles ago cause autozone didnt carry them

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
car wont start at all now after changing wires..no they are not crossed, even tried the old ones again and nothing. but it doesnt even turn over smoothly. dammit!

i checked the plugs and they are all black. just replaced them a month ago but also put on a rx7 afm a few days ago that was supposed to be tuned with a wideband. i threw the stock afm on and still no go.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well see I re did it a few times according to haynes manual and even an older picture of my engine bay. The plugs are all The way down on the coil but it still feels like they aren't in good. After this class (9:30) ill put my spark tester to it. The coil isn't broken anywhere.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
okay haynes manual had the years off so i was apparently using the 1.8 orientation. thanks guys..i should pay more attention to the little things.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts